• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Anything after like 10pm is too late to make the paper. Ridiculous. That was the deadline time in the 70's. Almost every other paper manages to get scores and stories on sports up till 11 or 11:30 but the might Observer takes a pass.

Sorry for the rant but this has bothered me for years.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

Who reads the paper?

#3 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

Who reads the paper?

How clever!

Thanks.

#4 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,598 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

I'm not trying to be funny... seriously, who reads the paper? It's at least two days behind the internet. What's the point?

#5 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:24 PM

I'm not trying to be funny... seriously, who reads the paper? It's at least two days behind the internet. What's the point?

Nobody. in 20 years a hard copy will prob be extinct.

#6 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

I'm not going to bother to explain the newspaper thing because you aren't going to understand.

Obviously lots of people read papers because they friggin print them every day. I know all about the internet, really neat stuff.

This thread clearly doesn't apply to you so why do feel inclined to piss on newspapers and people that read them.

#7 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

Nobody. in 20 years a hard copy will prob be extinct.

That's what they said 20 years ago when Al Gore invented the internet. Newspapers are not as relevant as they used to be but but I doubt they will ever be extinct. Same for books and magazines.

#8 boo7382

boo7382

• HUDDLER
  • 10,440 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

I'm not going to bother to explain the newspaper thing because you aren't going to understand.

Obviously lots of people read papers because they friggin print them every day. I know all about the internet, really neat stuff.

This thread clearly doesn't apply to you so why do feel inclined to piss on newspapers and people that read them.

Pissing on them is not what comes to mind when I think, "What can I use this newspaper for?"

and pissing on people.......well...dude that's just wrong.

#9 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,300 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:13 PM

i'd say hard copies are definitely on the way out. just one more example of it...all my statements are trying to get me to move towards email statements, and save the earth. the statements are so easy to miss though when the companies email you all their offers from the same address.

#10 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,479 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

There really is no excuse for having a 10PM cutoff, especially when you're business is sucking as much wind as it ever has.

#11 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:49 PM

Posted Image

#12 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

That's what they said 20 years ago when Al Gore invented the internet. Newspapers are not as relevant as they used to be but but I doubt they will ever be extinct. Same for books and magazines.

:jc:

#13 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:31 PM

Posted Image

Edited by MrTouchdown, 31 May 2011 - 05:33 PM.
he real mad

#14 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,598 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:25 PM

Wow... another new guy who doesn't want to hear anything that he doesn't agree with... how original.

I don't care whether you like it or not, newspapers suck... but if you want to read them go ahead. I don't waste my time or money.

#15 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

Somebody sent me a telegram today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.