#16 CBDellinger

CBDellinger

CAMdamonium!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

I completely get what you're saying, I just don't think this is the 07 season. We are not that team anymore. That had a bunch of key players that were clearly on the downside of their careers and should have been replaced. We are much younger now...

I agree... keeping gross (best FA OT that was to hit the market) and taging Pep were equal to huge FA splashes... bigger than the ones the Skins made imo...

#17 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:52 AM

keeping a face of the franchise type player is always a good choice,would you do the same if it was steve smith instead of peppers.

#18 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

I'm not saying the Panthers have made any wrong moves this offseason. The way that Dunit made it sound in his post was that returning all 22 starters was the absolute best option. Given the circumstances it probably is but I don't think that will make us a better team, only allow the team to be at best as good as it was last year.

I think it is too early to determine if tagging Peppers was worth it. The initial reaction is to say yes it was worth it. Maybe it will end up a good move or it could end up kicking the team in the ass. Time will tell.

#19 tight lines

tight lines

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

After now cutting Bridges, losing Frank Omiyale, and probably losing Hangartner, was signing Peppers worth it? Don't you guys think we could have done better just signing these guys with the cap money? I'm really worried about our oline now, really worried.

First off If you had been paying attention You would have known Bridges would be cut since December and his status with the panthers was much more affected by his off the field problems than anything Peppers related.
linkie

secondly Omiyale Do you really think its a good idea to pay a third string o lineman that has played in a couple games 3.5 mil a year?

We will just have to wait and see about Hangartner but I dont see where his situation is remotely tied to peppers either. He just happens to be a damn good lineman who may want to see how he can do as a starter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com