Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If northerners think southerners are all racisty...

64 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Then why in the hell are the most racist people I have encountered in my life from the northeast? (with the exception of one f*cked up guy I met in Tupelo, MS on a sales call that used the "n" word in direct reference to his warehouse employee :()

People point to the confederate flag debate as this huge battle to keep whitey on top of things but Southerners, both black and white, are so much more tolerant than most northerners I have met. Particularly people from Boston.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm with you on this one. The most racist and ignorant people I ever met have been from NY and they make no qualms about letting you know how they feel. But god forbid you fly a flag...

Posted · Report post

The most racist people we ever met were up north. PA was really bad, and Michigan.

No one believes it, but we sold more rebel flag merchandise up north than we did at Mule Day's in Johnston County. Up north is the only place we were asked if we had swastika flags, tees, or stickers.

Posted · Report post

One of the most racist sports is hockey, which if I do recall is a northern sport. Ask any black guy about playing hockey up north and in Canada. They will tell you about the slurs they hear from the stands and opposing players. It's like Jackie Robinson type hate, but current day.

But yea, a small minority of poeple down here want to fly a flag so southerners are the haters and racists.

Posted · Report post

I've met more assholes from Ohio than from any other state.

Posted · Report post

one of the most racist sports is hockey, which if i do recall is a northern sport. Ask any black guy about playing hockey up north and in canada. They will tell you about the slurs they hear from the stands and opposing players. It's like jackie robinson type hate, but current day.

But yea, a small minority of poeple down here want to fly a flag so southerners are the haters and racists.

nascar?

Posted · Report post

I've met more assholes from Ohio than from any other state.

Ohio is one of the biggest shitcan states in the country and I'm surprised they're not better known for it.

Posted · Report post

Slow down guys you're gonna run out of denial before page 2.

Posted · Report post

racist people are everywhere, they're not hard to find...

Posted · Report post

As a former northerner I can tell you there is just as much racism up north as in the south. Boston is probably the most racist city in America.

Posted · Report post

Like I said before, even blacks/Hispanics from different countries are racists towards the natives here...its a mess up there, but....come on....lets not act as if the South is awesome..

Posted · Report post

People just tend to suck in general but southerners usually the hospitality thing a lot more seriously...