#106 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

This show has turned into a joke really... It is like they are just seeking out the weirdos in the community, or, people that just want to be on TV...

No prepper worth much is going to go on TV and talk about it, and the "expert's advice" at the end of each skit is pretty laughable...

All you really need is food, water, and shelter... and something/some skills to defend it all with...

Exactly.

My FiL & his buddies would laugh at the guys trying to film.

#107 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

This show has turned into a joke really... It is like they are just seeking out the weirdos in the community, or, people that just want to be on TV...

No prepper worth much is going to go on TV and talk about it, and the "expert's advice" at the end of each skit is pretty laughable...

All you really need is food, water, and shelter... and something/some skills to defend it all with...

My thoughts exactly....starting my food supply, my neighbor has a natural spring runoff into my creek ( which he told me I can use all I want and doesn't use electricity just gravity fed.) endless supply of water. He's also a Vietnam vet that is loaded to the brim with guns and ammo. We live on opposite sides of the road, and are currently making a plan on how to defend our poo. Needless to say, he has 3 sons that are on the same page!

#108 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,992 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

My thoughts exactly....starting my food supply, my neighbor has a natural spring runoff into my creek ( which he told me I can use all I want and doesn't use electricity just gravity fed.) endless supply of water. He's also a Vietnam vet that is loaded to the brim with guns and ammo. We live on opposite sides of the road, and are currently making a plan on how to defend our poo. Needless to say, he has 3 sons that are on the same page!

Just out of curiosity, are you actually anticipating something big will happen to where you will have to utilize said skills, water supply, etc.?

#109 YourMomsLover

YourMomsLover

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,871 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Just out of curiosity, are you actually anticipating something big will happen to where you will have to utilize said skills, water supply, etc.?

If poo hits the fan, sure. The economy isn't looking too good right now. I honestly think it will collapse. I've never lived through a depression, but I have heard my grandparents stories though. I don't want to be a bone marrow sucker like them. But they also didn't have to defend themselves. But you never know nowadays. The world isn't the same.

#110 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,728 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

If poo hits the fan I'm going to take all of your things. There's really nothing you can do about it.

#111 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

As funny as many of you are thinking this stuff is...

I bet there are a lot of people in NY/NJ/CT that are wishing they were just a little bit more prepared for what they are dealing with now.

It's not just breakdowns in government or solar flares that you need to be prepared for.

#112 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:40 PM

As funny as many of you are thinking this stuff is...

I bet there are a lot of people in NY/NJ/CT that are wishing they were just a little bit more prepared for what they are dealing with now.

It's not just breakdowns in government or solar flares that you need to be prepared for.

Oh everyone should be prepared with at least a week's worth of water and a bug out kit & plan. I'm looking out the window at the Mississippi right now, & although a flood wouldn't reach my house, it would effectively cut this neighborhood off from any help except by air. My family could hold out for a month without rationing, three months with fairly comfortable rationing. (though my son is 8 months so a growth spurt or my having screwed up how quickly/slowly he grows could leave him with a bad fit in diapers.)

My FiL & his buddies are a group of retired engineers (various fields) that love problem solving & have nothing but 400 acres, money, time, & a poo ton of tools. They don't expect anything to happen but they just want to keep busy & they find this stuff fun.

The thing is that some of these preppers have scared themselves silly & are getting really bad advice or are leaping before learning. Like the people I mentioned above who have thousands of dollars worth of seeds & no idea how to farm. (I've asked what kind of seeds they brought & I'm almost afraid of the answer.) Not to mention showing the world where you live & what you have on TV is kinda stupid considering.

#113 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,096 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Food and Water are key.

Next is Medical, guns, and ammo.

Next is transportation.

If you have those things you can at least protect yourself and your family and get away from trouble spots.

Also very close friends whom you trust with your life are important as well. You can't do it all yourself.

#114 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

Food and Water are key.

Next is Medical, guns, and ammo.

Next is transportation.

If you have those things you can at least protect yourself and your family and get away from trouble spots.

Also very close friends whom you trust with your life are important as well. You can't do it all yourself.

Excellent point.

#115 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm finally getting started.
I have the food in canned goods, but I plan on gettin some other things.
Not just for nutjob prepping stuff, but for simple things like hurricanes and the like.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com