Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers_Lover

Dems' targeting of Limbaugh

116 posts in this topic

not a QB, but if Jared Allen was black he would be considered one of the worst thugs in the league. but he's white, so nobody mentions his 3 DUIs and intentionally trying to injure players.

and jesus, just look at jordan gross.

not a QB, but if Jared Allen was black he would be considered one of the worst thugs in the league. but he's white, so nobody mentions his 3 DUIs and intentionally trying to injure players.

Agreed, but this has nothing to do with what Limbaugh said. Limbaugh said the credit for Philly's surge early this decade should have been credited to the defense much more than McNabb. Does anyone disagree with that?

Agreed, but this has nothing to do with what Limbaugh said. Limbaugh said the credit for Philly's surge early this decade should have been credited to the defense much more than McNabb. Does anyone disagree with that?

Yes. But I understand why Rush said what he did. His base doesnt believe in black leadership and hates to concede that a black could be smarter or more qualified than a white in anything he does that involves intelligence and leadership. So of course the Eagles win in spite of their black QB and not because of him.

Yes. But I understand why Rush said what he did. His base doesnt believe in black leadership and hates to concede that a black could be smarter or more qualified than a white in anything he does that involves intelligence and leadership. So of course the Eagles win in spite of their black QB and not because of him.

But KT, you're missing the point...they DID win despite McNabb. He WAS and IS overrated.

You know I'm a lifelong Rams fan. When I was a kid we had one of the first black QBs ever...James Harris. I loved James Harris. We won't mention Tony Banks.

I will tell you if I think a quarterback, black or white, has what it takes. A guy who pukes on the field when the game is on the line...a guy who wasted five of the seven minutes he had left in the game trailing New England by 10 points? I don't think that guy has it. Is he better than many of the quarterbacks in this League? Yes. But he doesn't belong in the same category as Brady or Manning. Not even close. And Limbaugh was involved in a discussion where that status was being debated.

So of course the Eagles win in spite of their black QB and not because of him.

kind of like the panthers and their white qb?

But KT, you're missing the point...they DID win despite McNabb. He WAS and IS overrated.

I will tell you if I think a quarterback, black or white, has what it takes. A guy who pukes on the field when the game is on the line...a guy who wasted five of the seven minutes he had left in the game trailing New England by 10 points? I don't think that guy has it. Is he better than many of the quarterbacks in this League? Yes. But he doesn't belong in the same category as Brady or Manning. Not even close. And Limbaugh was involved in a discussion where that status was being debated.

What I love is how "absolute" things are when it comes to black QBs. There's no grey area, its all black & white. Donovan lost a Super Bowl game by 3 points and "he doesnt have it" and will never get it done. Imagine if people said that about Elway after the first of his 3 straight Super Bowl blowouts. Marino went to 1 Super Bowl and lost and has a sub .500 record in the playoffs. Did he have it? Or what about Peyton choking every year in the playoffs the first 6 years of this decade? I understand the need to portray black QBs as failures and as "novelties" not worth the risk, but c'mon man. Don's story is still being told and I have no doubt he can win the big one and is a Hall Of Fame caliber player.

kind of like the panthers and their white qb?

If only a black public figure like Al Sharpton or Jesse went on the airwaves and said that about Jake. You might have a point. I wouldnt say the Panthers win in spite of Jake, because 6 TOs was too much to overcome.

Manning was labeled a choker until he won it, so was Elway

McNabb lost the SB because he was fat more than because he choked. He has won lots of playoff games and is a HoFer. He is just fat and runs his mouth a little too much

If only a black public figure like Al Sharpton or Jesse went on the airwaves and said that about Jake. You might have a point. I wouldnt say the Panthers win in spite of Jake, because 6 TOs was too much to overcome.

Again, setting the stage...the Eagles were struggling at the time, and the debate was about whether it was McNabb's fault and whether he was an elite quarterback. The other ESPN crew did their usual crap...every player in the League is great, blah blah blah blah.

Limbaugh said he felt that McNabb was overrated even when the team was winning. I'm sorry, but I agree. And if McNabb comes out and wins a Super Bowl, THEN I'll change my mind about him. Just like I did with Elway and Manning. And yes, I held the "no Super Bowl win" thing against Marino and still do, quite frankly.

Limbaugh said he felt that McNabb was overrated even when the team was winning. I'm sorry, but I agree. And if McNabb comes out and wins a Super Bowl, THEN I'll change my mind about him. Just like I did with Elway and Manning. And yes, I held the "no Super Bowl win" thing against Marino and still do, quite frankly.

So Marino wasnt an elite QB because he never won a Super Bowl? Are Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien elite HOFers because they did? Super Bowl wins are a TEAM accomplishment. If McNabb did win a Super Bowl I doubt you'd change your mind, you would just as easily credit the defense for the win. Obama won the Presidency and the trust of the American people, has that stopped you from disliking him? LOL.

So Marino wasnt an elite QB because he never won a Super Bowl? Are Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien elite HOFers because they did? Super Bowl wins are a TEAM accomplishment. If McNabb did win a Super Bowl I doubt you'd change your mind, you would just as easily credit the defense for the win. Obama won the Presidency and the trust of the American people, has that stopped you from disliking him? LOL.

Obama is a piece of poo. And worse, he's a piece of poo who thinks he's all that. I am proud that the Republican Party has a black leader right now. I would gladly support Alan Keyes if he was our President because we share the same views. But of course I hate Obama because he is black. I don't care to argue with you. It's the same poo over and over.

For the record, Limbaugh didn't say that McNabb sucks. He just said overrated.

Why is Rush getting so much attention? Is he running for something?