Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gipetto

Sam bradfords first preseason start VS Cams

51 posts in this topic

Rookies don't develop unless you throw them into the fray. Running into a buzz saw defense last night was a good thing for Cam and the team. We learned that the O-line needs some work and the receivers looked rusty too. Peyton Manning would have had a hard time with that O-line protecting him.

Gipetto, I know what you're trying to do, and I appreciate it. I really do. But all of these comparisons to this or that QB are basically meaningless. They neither affirm my feelings that Cam will be good, nor bolster my belief that he will be a bust. It's just kind of tiring that people cannot keep themselves on an even keel.

And Jimmy Clausen 9 of 15 for 69 yards...BALLIN'!

Good comparison for the point. Let's see what the "mock week" looks like as everyone gets everything figured out.

Honestly, if you thought this team was going to have a winning season then you were already going to be disappointed anyway. We're laying a foundation under a new coaching staff with a rookie QB coming off a 14 lose season and a shortened off season.

Let's all be realistic and try to enjoy the process.

I think we should all be impressed we actually are using TEs as reciever options as advertised..it also seemed like they were trying different stuff as Cam didn't even attempt to throw it downfield really except for the backfoot 55 yard hail mary.

Feel the same. I even told my girlfriend it looked like they werent even trying to win the game

I don't know of many teams who look to win preseason games. If it happens, it happens. I think the media and fans make a bigger deal out of it, than teams do. Preseason is for trying new formations, new plays, testing guys out who want to make the squad, etc.

The fact that teams charge people to watch a scrimmage game and that these scrimmage games air on prime time TV too, makes the game feel more important than it is, but it's still a scrimmage game.

I don't know of many teams who look to win preseason games. If it happens, it happens. I think the media and fans make a bigger deal out of it, than teams do. Preseason is for trying new formations, new plays, testing guys out who want to make the squad, etc.

The fact that teams charge people to watch a scrimmage game and that these scrimmage games air on prime time TV too, makes the game feel more important than it is, but it's still a scrimmage game.

I know Rivera really wanted to win that first game at home..fwiw

Stats is like a thong... It reveals a lot but hide the most important...

Cam Newton=JeMarcus Russell

Carolinapanman = Bad Poster and Loser