203 replies to this topic

#151 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

So is Dan Connor. Hell, Thomas Davis, a converted safety was much better in the box than he was in coverage. Just don't leave Curry out in space. Play him on the strong side and let him clean up in the running game on first and second downs.

A starting LB crew next year of Curry, Beas, and Anderson would be very formidable.

That would be a sick lineup. Makes losing TD bearable. Hes done IMO.

#152 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

Well he is a LB that fits only in a certain defense. You shouldn't expect 170 tackles out of most strong side linebackers being asked to play at the LOS in the NFL. In a lot of ways, he is similar to Dan Connor in that he is a very solid player that will have to play in the right scheme. If you remember, Connor was expected to be a first round pick but slid because of scheme-related concerns. Curry was the 4th pick in that draft because of the overall weakness in that draft. His stats absolutely dwarf other players taken around him such as Tyson Jackson, Aaron Maybin (official bust), Heyward Bay, etc.

Well I literally didnt mean 170 tackles. But when u draft someone 4th overall u expect big numbers. He has put up decent numbers. Idk the stats but I'm pretty sure curry has had more sacks then our backers in a single season. I think Dan Conner is a very good linebacker and he does what the coaching staff ask of him. And I like curry and what he could bring to the table

#153 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:57 AM

Well I literally didnt mean 170 tackles. But when u draft someone 4th overall u expect big numbers. He has put up decent numbers. Idk the stats but I'm pretty sure curry has had more sacks then our backers in a single season. I think Dan Conner is a very good linebacker and he does what the coaching staff ask of him. And I like curry and what he could bring to the table

There is no doubt that he has not proven worthy of being the 4th overall pick. I doubt he will ever prove that. Still doesn't mean he isn't a solid player.

#154 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

There is no doubt that he has not proven worthy of being the 4th overall pick. I doubt he will ever prove that. Still doesn't mean he isn't a solid player.

I think he's solid player now and would be thrilled if we get him.

#155 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

If we are going to get him, we need to pull the trigger now, so he can be effective in this defense. (Learning the playbook and such)

#156 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,751 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

He'd have some great guys to learn from here too.

#157 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:44 PM

I keep checking this thread in hopes I read that Clausen has been shipped to Seattle

#158 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

I keep checking this thread in hopes I read that Clausen has been shipped to Seattle

if that happens...................... you'll be the only poster on this thread.

#159 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:10 PM

4th pick in 2009 draft ????????????????????///

U already know that's going to be a steal for us

#160 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

He from N.C too

DAMN

#161 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

Seahawks linebacker Aaron Curry, the fourth overall pick in the 2009 draft, recently hinted that he’s on the trading block.

Per a league source, Curry is right.

The source says that the Seahawks are talking to at least three teams regarding a possible trade. The names of the teams to whom the Seahawks are talking are not yet known.

One impediment to a deal will be Curry’s contract. Though he recently gave up $5 million in guaranteed money next year in exchange for the ability to become a free agent after 2012, his $5 million base salary in 2011 could be viewed as too much to inherit.

For 2011, the trading period ends on Tuesday, October 18.

http://profootballta...ng-aaron-curry/

#162 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

He'd have some great guys to learn from here too.

Yep, Beason, Davis, Anderson. Great support group.

#163 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:25 AM

Is there any update on this yet?

#164 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

Is there any update on this yet?

It was confirmed by the Seahawks today that they are interested in trading. That's the only update since the rumors started.

#165 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:49 AM

I keep hoping when I check in periodically that u guys would have already broke the news that curry was a panther. DAMNIT. C'mon guys. I know some of u have direct lines to hurney. Give his a call and make us proud. Now when I check back in about 15 minutes I expect a thread that is read as" curry is a mother fuggin panther".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com