Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fieryprophet

Smitty Disses John Fox

66 posts in this topic

Sure, Smitty can say whatever he wants about his career to the media..

But Smitty is a pro. Fox era is in the past. I think he should not only let it gom, but he should avoid bringing up other teams coaches and other teams players. Just comes off as a bit immature IMO. I got mad love for Smitty and I'm not trying to bring him down. Just would like to see him get over the past. He could take any opportunity to talk about the future of the team.

Examples.

Q. "Hey Steve Smith, you're having a career saving season so far this year. What has been different about you this year as oppose to the past 2 seasons?"

A. "Well to be honest the coaches have done a great job keeping me involved in the game plan, and Cam has done a tremendous job seeing the field and keeping plays alive long enough for my routes to develop down the field."

Q. "Last year this team was in the bottom of the league in offense, this year you guys are around the top, what do you think the new coaching staff has been able to do to turn that around?"

A. "It helps adding a guy like Cam Newton. He brings unbelievable physical tools, a winners mentality, and he comes in and puts on his hard hat and goes to work everyday"

Just some examples. Basic bait and shake questions.. Time to get over it

Sure. If you're satisfied with all the robotic, canned answers week after week with nothing worthy of a read.

It is what it is

1 person likes this

The author can suck a D for that last smartass remark.

Hey its the true and thats what I told the person who said Fox should come back

I mean who looks worst though. The vet HC with vet QB or the first year HC with rookie QB. And our D is actually a little bit better

Sure. If you're satisfied with all the robotic, canned answers week after week with nothing worthy of a read.

It is what it is

yeah, fug that..

\/

Sure, Smitty can say whatever he wants about his career to the media..

But Smitty is a pro. Fox era is in the past. I think he should not only let it gom, but he should avoid bringing up other teams coaches and other teams players. Just comes off as a bit immature IMO. I got mad love for Smitty and I'm not trying to bring him down. Just would like to see him get over the past. He could take any opportunity to talk about the future of the team.

Examples.

Q. "Hey Steve Smith, you're having a career saving season so far this year. What has been different about you this year as oppose to the past 2 seasons?"

A. "Well to be honest the coaches have done a great job keeping me involved in the game plan, and Cam has done a tremendous job seeing the field and keeping plays alive long enough for my routes to develop down the field."

Q. "Last year this team was in the bottom of the league in offense, this year you guys are around the top, what do you think the new coaching staff has been able to do to turn that around?"

A. "It helps adding a guy like Cam Newton. He brings unbelievable physical tools, a winners mentality, and he comes in and puts on his hard hat and goes to work everyday"

Just some examples. Basic bait and shake questions.. Time to get over it

Am I missing something? Did he say a word that wasn't true? big deal.

Shitty article btw

Smith exaggerated Kyle Orton’s numbers a bit but his point was well made.
oh no poo.

the thing with smith is that while he prefers to win, if he's getting the ball and in positions to make plays he still enjoys the game. When we're losing and he isn't getting the ball, he's not very happy, and that is what happened for most all of 2009 and 2010.

^ That's called a wide receiver

1 person likes this

The last 3 yrs of Fox/Davidson, may cost Smith the HOF. I'd be pissed to.

Where would SMith be had he been on a good offense with a good QB his whole career?

Have you seen the log jam of Receivers trying to get into the Hall? Fat chance anyway.

5th offense in the nfl.

Just goes to show defense wins games. It is required.

The author can suck a D for that last smartass remark.

So facts are smartass remarks? No wonder everyone is pissy starting 4PM Sunday's...

Another punk move by Smith. Dude's got no class. Good teams have well-respected leaders (ie Brady, Brees). Panthers have Smith. Can't wait for the day when that is no longer the case.