i'm freelance... nope.

#62 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

A lot of companies depend on direct mail for business.

And a lot would then depend on the private companies that fill the void. It's not reasonable think we all need to subsidize junk mail companies.

#63 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,806 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

i'm freelance... nope.

they could pay you via a card. they can just load it up however often you get paid, still has a trail of payment.

lots of small companies are doing this for payroll. kinda like unemployment cards.

#64 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

Oh that's gonna make him feel good.

#65 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,438 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

To be honest,this kind of thing is why I like Gingrich. He is the only one talking Six Sigma and such to be applied to gov agencies. What we have done in the last couple hours is been agreed upon by Dems and Pubs. It is just a much needed streamlining that needs to be done throughout the gov. The taxpayer and consumer of gov services will be very happy.

The only losers will be a lot of gov employees who will become private sector employees.

But you cannot operate a government so inefficiently just to save gov jobs. After all, it takes about many private sector jobs to pay for just one gov employee. It will be much better for the country to bring gov into the 21st century.

#66 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,806 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

oh God don't get me started on six sigma and green/black belt and hoshin and junk.

#67 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,438 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

Most of these programs under whatever name or acronym are just bottling and selling common sense in many cases. Alas, the gov could use some of it.

#68 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:49 AM

they could pay you via a card. they can just load it up however often you get paid, still has a trail of payment.

lots of small companies are doing this for payroll. kinda like unemployment cards.

yea, i'll tell viacom to get right on reforming the way they pay me.

#69 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,613 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

You should just refuse to cash your paycheck until they make it electronic. That will show them.

#70 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

yea, i'll tell viacom to get right on reforming the way they pay me.

Occupy Mailroom

#71 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

You should just refuse to cash your paycheck until they make it electronic. That will show them.

this is an excellent idea.

#72 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:06 AM

Occupy Mailroom

isn't the mailroom always occupied by surly, smelly, under-achievers?

#73 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

Posted Image

#74 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,817 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:38 AM

USPS wants to limit next-day service

WASHINGTON (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. Postal Service on Monday will announce a cost-savings proposal that would no longer deliver first-class mail on the next day.
The financially troubled agency will present to its overseers a proposal to change its national standard for first-class mail to two-to-five days from one-to-three, according to interviews with several mail industry officials who received a presentation by the agency this week.

---

These employees can't be laid off, per union contracts. But they can be forced to take a job that could be hundreds of miles away.
Consider the Oct. 1. closure of a mail processing plant in Sioux City, Iowa, which hit 95 employees. A half dozen employees retired early and 13 took jobs in Sioux Falls -- 82 miles away. Another 34 workers found employment within the postal service in Sioux City. The fate of another 22 employees is still unclear, according to the president of the postal union there.
"We have people who are 55 years old and spent their careers processing mail indoors and are now forced to carry mail in the elements in the Midwest," said Scott Tott, local president of the union local in Sioux City. "Yes, it disrupts lives."

http://money.cnn.com...x.htm?hpt=hp_t2

I doubt this will do it guys... just cutting next day delivery.

Face it, mail service isn't what it used to be... with private delivery services like UPS and FedEx and with the internet and email, they really need to totally revamp the postal service. Yes some people will lose jobs and that is regrettable... but apparently with the cushy gov't/union contracts some of these jobs are guaranteed... what a crock.

...and :lol: at that comment about those poor mail workers having to ACTUALLY DELIVER MAIL... what has this country come to when mail service employees have to deliver mail. :rolleyes:

#75 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:53 AM

First off, too much poo gets mailed out these days. I get 5-6 items a day in the mail and maybe 4 of them that I need - per week. And truth be told I could get all of them electronically. But of course the old people who are afraid of computers want to stick with the tried and true method.

Truth is half the poo that's mailed out every day is the postal version of spam. Packages and such are fine using UPS/FedEx anyway, the only problem is bills and regular letters and such. Trouble is those companies might not want to be bothered with distributing normal postal mail as it won't be nearly as profitable as larger packages. They probably won't view it as worth the trouble.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.