Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity...what are you doing for Christmas

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Me, the wifey, and the kids will continue our tradition this year of making sammiches and delivering to the urban shelter today, and doing meals on wheels for the seniors at our church..it only takes a couple of hours of your time this holiday to do something for others to make their lives a bit easier...so, what are you going to do????

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Will there be mayo on the sammich? Only way to truly spread Christmas cheer.

Posted · Report post

even the homeless will turn down a turkey sammich with mayo.

But, srsly good for you sagacious.

Posted · Report post

My boyfriend and I "picked" a little girl off a tree at the Y.

I thought it was going to be fun and everything....don't get me wrong, I love being charitable and giving someone a good Christmas regardless, but they wanted the presents brought unwrapped to the Y just in a bag with an ID number on it.

I guess it was just kind of disappointing. I wanted to maybe wrap them and write from Santa on there. Or, even better, have the kids open them all at the same time at the Y or something....idk.

Felt good either way to know a little girl has a new coat and clothes b/c of me (and some highly awesome Dora the Explorer toys), but I will be picking something different next year.

Posted · Report post

Nope, they don't let you put condiments on the sandwiches, just meat and cheese unfortunately..I guess they give them mayo there...but you are right a sammich is not a sammich without mayo, and a bit of mustard

Posted · Report post

I do try to get to the homeless shelter a few times a year to help. Our church does, "Room at the Inn" where we take in 15 homeless for the night and feed them 2 times a month and it is a gratifying experience.

Posted · Report post

Every once in a while i'll pay for someone's food behind me in the drive-thru

Posted · Report post

I donate around $200 total each year to different charities.

Posted · Report post

Sometimes I give people PI that don't really deserve it

Posted · Report post

you dont say

Posted · Report post

From the angle tree. I picked a 16 YO boy 'cause I thought no one would want to take him. This kid is gonna think santa is real. We got him a corn hole game, a football, some clothes, and a couple good books.