50 replies to this topic

#46 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:51 PM

Mintal, what was Jefferson like?

Well, I don't know what he was like, but neither do you. So this is a ridiculous thread. I will continue to contend that he had it in his best interest not to opposed the 3/5 law and you will continue that he did. End result - zero! We both know that, it happened 250 to 300 years ago, we both can't be right, but we both can't be wrong. We can only be what we are. I think I'm right...

#47 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:56 PM

Well, I don't know what he was like, but neither do you. So this is a ridiculous thread. I will continue to contend that he had it in his best interest not to opposed the 3/5 law and you will continue that he did. End result - zero! We both know that, it happened 250 to 300 years ago, we both can't be right, but we both can't be wrong. We can only be what we are. I think I'm right...

Sigh.

#48 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,897 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

That was a Northern deal to lesson the South's influence, I don't think a man from Virginia would vigorously defend it as it would not be in his best interest to resist... Just sayin'... Otherwise, yes, yes he did...

not quite.

the south ended up having more representation disproportionate to its free population.

Thomas Jefferson defeated John Adams with 73 electoral votes to Adams 65 electoral votes. Inasmuch as 53 of Jefferson's votes came from southern states and only 9 of the Adams votes were southern.

without the additional "slave votes" jefferson would have lost to adams.

also jefferson had plenty of opportunities to do something about slavery while in office, which of course he never did. i mean hell he didn't say a word while the french massacred a hundred thousand haitians

#49 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

He was wondering what Jefferson was like when you taught him way back in your teaching days.

#50 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,961 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

I am against gun registration. The main reason being is I for one in no way believe that this is being done for the good of the nation. I believe that certain people want to compile a list of potential threats to the government. Think I'm going overboard but I don't believe the government has my best interest at heart. If and when it is decided to remove guns from private owners, there will be a list of who has them, what type and how much. It's a list of what resistance to expect. Do the police storm the house or just blow it up and call it a gas leak. Eventually I believe it will come to that when the communists try and take over. Call it a conspiracy theory, but it seems way to close to that theory right now for me to sleep in peace.

Since we are way too close to when the communists try to take over, can you give me a ballpark timeframe on the coup attempt? I'd like to warn my family.

#51 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

He was wondering what Jefferson was like when you taught him way back in your teaching days.

I know what he was wondering, just being ornery...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.