Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Burn the books!

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Is there a non-smelly version?

I keed, I keed. :D

Oh great, that was about as funny as yelling Panthro at a hundred man march.

Posted

So Panthro=Smurf

Posted

And yet, the words we think are so harmful on the internet and are so afraid of get used all the time in those real life situations.

I disagree, I never hear those words out in the real world. I only hear/read them when people are sitting behind the protective cover of their computer on the internet. I don't see people of different race being intentionally disrespectful and unpolite with others unless they are young girls and they are equal rights offenders on the road...

Posted

I disagree, I never hear those words out in the real world. I only hear/read them when people are sitting behind the protective cover of their computer on the internet. I don't see people of different race being intentionally disrespectful and unpolite with others unless they are young girls and they are equal rights offenders on the road...

I believe you. But I do hear them. Maybe not extreme derogatory terms like the N word (though I hear that one a lot between black men) or some of the others, but I definitely hear people of different races having fun with each other. Not just players, either. The Panthers have a lot of black employees. They love to tease you if you're dating a black girl or if you are whiter than Wonder Bread. There's a lot of give and take there.

Posted

I believe you. But I do hear them. Maybe not extreme derogatory terms like the N word (though I hear that one a lot between black men) or some of the others, but I definitely hear people of different races having fun with each other. Not just players, either. The Panthers have a lot of black employees. They love to tease you if you're dating a black girl or if you are whiter than Wonder Bread. There's a lot of give and take there.

But is it done in fun or with hate? I have black friends that I will flat out call the N word, (so yes I guess I was lying, I wasn't including friend speak). They know the context and don't take offense, we joke back and forth all the time, it doesn't mean a damned thing, we're friends and know better than to think there's anything derogatory about it...

Posted

But is it done in fun or with hate? I have black friends that I will flat out call the N word, (so yes I guess I was lying, I wasn't including friend speak). They know the context and don't take offense, we joke back and forth all the time, it doesn't mean a damned thing, we're friends and know better than to think there's anything derogatory about it...

In fun. If anyone ever said it in hate, they'd be unemployed that day.

Posted

ask kerry collins

Posted

Kerry said it in fun. His teammates didn't take it that way.

Posted

If they burn It they could fuel a small city for a week.

Posted

I played football all the way through college, so I am familiar with the locker room setting. There is a bond between team mates that opens the door for give-and-take smack talk. But this type of speak would not take place between strangers.

Again, I can't remember a time that I have been offended in my life. I have been called every name in the book and frankly, don't give a sh*t. I just wanted to point out how people can sterotype republicans/christians/conservatives as being "good ole' boy the way it used to be" in one thread, then type a racist statement in another.