18 replies to this topic

#1 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

How he's this dominant with a pretty serious injury is blowing my mind. Not even a Lakers fan but fuuuuuuck if he keeps up this pace he will easily win MVP.

Last 6 games:

36.7 PPG with a 50.3 %
5.8 RPG
5.3 APG

Unreal.

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:34 AM

The best in the business.....Lakers still need to upgrade pg badly though. Another guy who has blown me away so far this season is Bynum. If his game stays at this level, I'm not really sold on trading everything for Dwight anymore....

#3 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

How is it blowing your mind? Have you missed basketball for the past 10 years? This is the same guy that put up 84

#4 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,606 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:11 AM

imo there isn't even a debate right now about the best single player in basketball, it's Kobe by a wide margin.

#5 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

And, unlike "The King", you get all this and Kobe is money in tne clutch.
24 just wins.

#6 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

How is it blowing your mind? Have you missed basketball for the past 10 years? This is the same guy that put up 84

It's no secret that Kobe is far from healthily. It's not that he's able to still perform at this level this late in his career that surprises me, it's that he's able to do it is late in his career and without being totally healthy for the better part of five years now....

#7 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Best Charlotte Hornet of all time :)

#8 liljah8303

liljah8303

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • LocationThomasville

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Just think he should have been a hornet.

#9 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Best Charlotte Hornet of all time :)

Thanx guys! :D

#10 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Guys LBJ is still a top player in the NBA, if not, the best.

I personally like Durant the best, but you could argue LBJ.

LBJ is physically a beast, almost unguardable, can rebound, is a great passer, and can play D. The problem with LBJ is his mentality. He doesn't have the mentality to even be in the talks as the GOAT. All this came into light several years ago in the playoffs vs Boston. He will never touch Magic, never touch Kobe, and certainly not MJ. Having said that he has to be considered up there for the best player now.

Kobe is having a great year this year which is a bit surprising as he is aging and he is injured.

#11 Swarly

Swarly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

LBJ is physically a beast, almost unguardable, can rebound, is a great passer, and can play D. The problem with LBJ is his mentality. He doesn't have the mentality to even be in the talks as the GOAT. All this came into light several years ago in the playoffs vs Boston. He will never touch Magic, never touch Kobe, and certainly not MJ. Having said that he has to be considered up there for the best player now.

Kobe is having a great year this year which is a bit surprising as he is aging and he is injured.

What separates the great from the legendary is the mental toughness. LeBrick James has NONE OF IT. He has no clutch gene, he has no killer instincts, he is a mental midget and a complete coward when the game is on the line.

Kobe WANTS the ball in intense game-on-the-line situations. LeBrick looks for batman to bail him out.

Durant has shown this quality too, the rare clutch gene. Among many other players, such as Rose. LeBrick is certainly the most physically talented player in the NBA, you won't hear me argue that.. but he is near the bottom of the list of players I'd want to take that last shot.

#12 Swarly

Swarly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

#13 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm no LBJ hater like most people but come on. He's the mamba. Straight ice water flowing through his veins. Kobe in his prime shames LBJ and is the best offensive player I've ever seen. NOT BEST PLAYER, best all around offensive game.

durant has plenty of time to show us his jordan gene but LBJ def doesn't have it.

#14 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 17,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:48 PM

What separates the great from the legendary is the mental toughness. LeBrick James has NONE OF IT. He has no clutch gene, he has no killer instincts, he is a mental midget and a complete coward when the game is on the line.

Kobe WANTS the ball in intense game-on-the-line situations. LeBrick looks for batman to bail him out.

Durant has shown this quality too, the rare clutch gene. Among many other players, such as Rose. LeBrick is certainly the most physically talented player in the NBA, you won't hear me argue that.. but he is near the bottom of the list of players I'd want to take that last shot.

Duuuuuude, that's kind of harsh.

I like it. :D

#15 Swarly

Swarly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

Duuuuuude, that's kind of harsh.

I like it. :D

and it's completely true. you can just look at players, see their body language, the look in their eyes... you see it in Kobe, Wade, and somewhat in Durant(although not even comparable to Kobe/Wade, yet).

The best basketball I've ever watched is when Kobe or Wade go fuging OFF in the 4th quarter to put a team away or bring their teams back. When they go into this mode, they are UNSTOPPABLE. They are LeBrick before the 4th quarter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users