Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Shula as OC...

22 posts in this topic

I was living in Tampa Bay for some of his tenure as OC...

Run...Run...Pass...Punt

That was the offense. It was a joke. A good game was 13 points, and they won them because of Tony Duny and Monte Kiffin's Defense.

Now, maybe he has learned. Maybe he is better now. But I have cold chills imagining him as the Panthers OC. I will try to be optimistic, but good lord, the memories. It was awful.

Please stay Chud. Please?

We have two #1 runningbacks and one of the most impressive running qbs ever so foxball isn't that bad of an idea.

We have two #1 runningbacks and one of the most impressive running qbs ever so foxball isn't that bad of an idea.

gtfo

1 person likes this

the only other thing Shula has going for him is if there is ever a movie made about James Taylor he could play a young James.

Weren't Dilfer and Shaun King his QB's?

I probably wouldn't have passed much either.

That's also what I fear. He seems overly conservative. We need to be an attacking offense, and that 'three yards and a cloud of dust' approach does not work anymore in the league. I don't want our offense to consist of Cam having to convert 3rd and longs almost entirely to move the chains. I hope he has learned at least.

He'll run the offense Rivera wants run...and that's aggressive.

Factors that may have influenced his style in TB include directives from Dungy, the talent he had at QB, less passer-friendly rules, and perhaps most importantly, less experience. Regardless, I'm sure he has learned a few things in his time with Chud, and I have little doubt that you would see a much different Shula this time around.

We also have a franchise QB. Ever heard of him?

OCs do what coaches ask them to do. He would be fine as OC.