Photo
- - - - -

Coach of the Year?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: NFL Coach of the Year (37 member(s) have cast votes)

NFL Coach of the Year

1. Mike Smith (14 votes [37.84%])

Percentage of vote: 37.84%

2. Tony Sparano (10 votes [27.03%])

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

3. Tom Coughlin (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

4. Jeff Fisher (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

5. John Fox (8 votes [21.62%])

Percentage of vote: 21.62%

6. Jim Harbaugh (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Ken Whisenhunt (0 votes [0.00%])

8. Bill Belichick (0 votes [0.00%])

9. Mike Tomlin (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

10. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,694 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:58 PM

Smith has done a great job. But Sporano is on the verge of taking a 1 win team last year to this year's playoffs.

#17 Fireball77

Fireball77

• HUDDLER
  • 3,398 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:13 PM

Yeah for me, it's between Sparano and Smith as well. Sure Parcells is a big part of the whole thing in Mia, BUT...you can't penalize Sparano for that since he is the one who has to put the plan into effect. Do you really think that Parcells is the reason that a guy who has done basically nothing the whole time he has been a Dolphin (Joey Porter) is tearing it up this year? No, that's coaching...putting guys in the position to succeed. Also look at the Cowboys' OL without Sparano as thier coach vs the Fins OL with Sparano there. It's obvious he is a difference maker. Both HCs are in the playoff hunt in competitive divisions after their teams having horrible records under other coaches last year, but IMO the Fins have had a bigger turnaround by a SLIGHT margin. Couldn't get too het up if the vote went the other way though, they are both deserving.

#18 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:18 PM

Mike Smith. No one expected anything from the falcons.

#19 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 06:28 PM

Mike Smith. No one expected anything from the falcons.

Bam. Everyone expected the Dolphins and everyone (besides Falcons fans) thought the Falcons would be possibly 0-16.

#20 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

Bam. Everyone expected the Dolphins and everyone (besides Falcons fans) thought the Falcons would be possibly 0-16.

huh????

what did they expect from the dolphins????

i am a gigantic dolphin fan and i realistically thought about 6 wins would be nice....

no one expected anything from the dolphins.....the dolphins had the #1 overall pick last year remember? the lions were better then us....we got killed by the bengals the last game of the year last year...we brought in a throw away from the jets (pennington) with a supposed "noodle arm" and lined up with starting wide recievers named "ginn, camarillo, hagan, and now brandon london...........who?????

our tightend? career back up to jason witten, anthony fasano.....

our starting nose guard??? jason ferguson....who the cowboys gave to us for a 7th round pick....akin ayodele is our starting inside linebacker....yeah whata stud :rolleyes:

we trade jason taylor.....we CUT.....YES CUT...zach thomas....

oh and our safetys are yerimiah bell and ronaldo hill....

please!

no one expected ANYTHING from the dolphins this year....not me...not anyone....

#21 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

• Moderators
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:40 PM

I think he means that everyone knew that the fins, with Parcells in the house, were going to be better than 1-15. Many said the falcons were going to be the 1-15 team of '08.

#22 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 10:50 PM

I think he means that everyone knew that the fins, with Parcells in the house, were going to be better than 1-15. Many said the falcons were going to be the 1-15 team of '08.

Yup.

#23 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 12:28 AM

Mike Smith changed the entire mentality of a franchise in one off-season. I can't think of anyone on this board that didn't laugh at the few Falcon fans who claimed they would be good this year.
The Dolphins have made an awesome turn around, but I saw them the same way I see the Lions right now, a couple simple changes and they can be a good team. If Parcels wasn't the GM, it would be a lot easier to give Sparano the nod over Smith.
Jim Harbaugh deserves honorable mention, but the Ravens improvement still isn't as amazing as Miami's or Atlanta's.
Ken Whisenhunt's team won the NFC West by default.
Bill Belichick has done good with Cassel, but I think David Carr could win 9 games on that team.
Jon Fox made a gutsy call to suspend Smith. Fortunately, Smith is not a premadonna WR. The Panthers are healthy and performing like they were expected to in 2004, 2005...
Mike Tomilin took over a SB team and has kept them competitive during his tenure
Jeff Fisher doesn't deserve it after not kicking a 40-something yard field considering Bironis has made a 60 yarder this year.

#24 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:19 AM

Well iw asn't claiming we'd be good but i was claiming 6 wins.

#25 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

Jeff Fisher doesn't deserve it after not kicking a 40-something yard field considering Bironis has made a 60 yarder this year.

The reason he didn't do it because there were 26 mile per hour winds blowing towards the ball. Bironas was coming up well short in practice when trying on that side of the field. I think he made the right decision.

#26 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:14 PM

Mike Smith changed the entire mentality of a franchise in one off-season. I can't think of anyone on this board that didn't laugh at the few Falcon fans who claimed they would be good this year.
The Dolphins have made an awesome turn around, but I saw them the same way I see the Lions right now, a couple simple changes and they can be a good team. If Parcels wasn't the GM, it would be a lot easier to give Sparano the nod over Smith.
Jim Harbaugh deserves honorable mention, but the Ravens improvement still isn't as amazing as Miami's or Atlanta's.
Ken Whisenhunt's team won the NFC West by default.
Bill Belichick has done good with Cassel, but I think David Carr could win 9 games on that team.
Jon Fox made a gutsy call to suspend Smith. Fortunately, Smith is not a premadonna WR. The Panthers are healthy and performing like they were expected to in 2004, 2005...
Mike Tomilin took over a SB team and has kept them competitive during his tenure

a very comon mis-conception....tuna is not our GM.....jeff ireland is...

tuna is the vp of football operations....he hired ireland and sparano to make the decisions he is currently getting credit for....sparano has had full reign over this team...plain and simple...the only decisions tuna made was to hire these folks...and had a say in some stuff...but he let these boys do they're thing...

#27 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for putting Smith first, so I wouldn't have to sift through all the unworthy candidates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com