beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Soon to be zshare, putlocker, etc. etc.

http://online.wsj.co...wsj_share_email

Not to mention these people being indicted aren't even US citizens. We're talking the United States CIA going after people in New Zealand and Hong Kong over having a file hosting site...not even being the uploaders themselves

Likely no more Icefilms :(

#2 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

Fileserve! FTW

#3 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

http://mashable.com/...load-anonymous/

#4 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,184 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Likely no more Icefilms :(

yeah MU was almost all they used.

#5 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

It's almost sad that they actually think they can stop online piracy. It's here to stay, folks. The internet will always be one step ahead of the industries. For every Megaupload they shut down, 5 more like it will pop up. And that's without even getting into torrents.

What they fail to realize is that people who do this only download illegal stuff because it's free. If they had to pay, they just would do without. It's going to be very interesting watching the tech industry and the RIAA/MPAA go at it over these bills.

Do they have any idea how much money is being made by internet service providers, PC manufacturers, computer media companies, etc.? Half the internet subscribers in the country would quit paying for service if they had their access to illegal file sharing cut off.

It's the way of the future. There's no stopping it. It's too far gone at this point.

#6 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

Sad thing is that now that these websites see that all the other countries are now on board with America on all of this crap, it will scare them all out of business.

This is fugging bullshit. How do the indict someone in New Zealand or Hong Kong on an American Indictment??? Something fishy is going on. If no one is safe from american laws over seas anymore, it is going to be a big mess. Next thing to go down will be the gambling sites. Give it 5 years, and you wont even be able to say anything bad about our government, president, congress, anything without going to prison.

#7 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:52 AM

EDIT= I had posted a link that still is a good provider with lots of links for videobb and novamov, but with everything going down, I dont want Zod to go to prison.

If you want the link, hit me up on PM, and i will give it to you. It will still probably be good for a week or two before they get arrested too.

Edited by chris999, 20 January 2012 - 08:27 AM.

#8 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,731 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:01 AM

Sad thing is that now that these websites see that all the other countries are now on board with America on all of this crap, it will scare them all out of business.

This is fugging bullpoo. How do the indict someone in New Zealand or Hong Kong on an American Indictment??? Something fishy is going on. If no one is safe from american laws over seas anymore, it is going to be a big mess. Next thing to go down will be the gambling sites. Give it 5 years, and you wont even be able to say anything bad about our government, president, congress, anything without going to prison.

Copyright infringement and piracy is illegal in New Zealand and Hong Kong....as well as the US.

Amusing how pissed off people here are getting because individuals breaking the law and actually caught and punished. You are just pissed because you liked getting poo for free that you are legally required to pay for......it is nothing more than that.

#9 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

They should make all TV shows and Movies availible for streaming on the internet for free. Just throw a commercial in there every 10 minutes like a show on TV does, and Bam! billions of dollars, 24 hours a day non-stop...

I swear the hollywood execs must be a bunch of 80 year old men, that dont know how to operate the internet... (actually, most of them are...)

They are sitting on a freakin gold mine, and they dont even see it when you smack them in the face with it.

No one wants to sit around by the TV and wait for a certain show to come on once a week. Watching television on the internet is the future. Instant gratification. They could be making advertisement money 24 hours a day.

In fact, I bet within 10 years, Television cable and satellite providers will be obsolete. The execs of these companies know it, so they are turning to the government to try to prolong the end. It pretty much boils down to the same thing that Big Oil is doing, making sure that no-one has any success at finding alternative fuels. Everyone will just have a PC hooked up to the big screen, to watch television on they're own terms soon, it is inevitible.

#10 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,731 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:08 AM

They should make all TV shows and Movies availible for streaming on the internet for free. Just throw a commercial in there every 10 minutes like a show on TV does, and Bam! billions of dollars, 24 hours a day non-stop...

I swear the hollywood execs must be a bunch of 80 year old men, that dont know how to operate the internet... (actually, most of them are...)

They are sitting on a freakin gold mine, and they dont even see it when you smack them in the face with it.

No one wants to sit around by the TV and wait for a certain show to come on once a week. Watching television on the internet is the future. Instant gratification. They could be making advertisement money 24 hours a day.

In fact, I bet within 10 years, Television cable and satellite providers will be obsolete. The execs of these companies know it, so they are turning to the government to try to prolong the end. It pretty much boils down to the same thing that Big Oil is doing, making sure that no-one has any success at finding alternative fuels. Everyone will just have a PC hooked up to the big screen, to watch television on they're own terms soon, it is inevitible.

I agree with you that the TV/Movie model should and likely WILL change in the future. But until then, it is still illegal.

#11 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

In theory it really is that easy. We'd probably already have something like this if all television stations were owned by one entity. The problem is, everything is fragmented and nobody wants to agree to the same terms. Online distributors have to negotiate dozens of contracts and each one keeps upping the price. Fragmentation also makes it more difficult to land favorable advertising deals for the websites.

You also have the problem that most internet providers are also the cable providers. If everything is streamed online, people will simply drop their cable, which will cost cable companies 2/3 of their revenue.

#12 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

Copyright infringement and piracy is illegal in New Zealand and Hong Kong....as well as the US.

Amusing how pissed off people here are getting because individuals breaking the law and actually caught and punished. You are just pissed because you liked getting poo for free that you are legally required to pay for......it is nothing more than that.

Agree. Jesus christ if you want to see a movie go pay for it. What the hell is so hard about that?

#13 natty

natty

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:51 AM

Trust me, those hollywood execs aren't stupid. They are trying everything they can to keep their existing revenue streams going. Hulu proves that streaming can be done but it's very complex. It's easy for us to say 'just put everything online' but that involves millions, if not billions, of investment money to make that happen. Streaming video online is very, very, very expensive.

#14 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Agree. Jesus christ if you want to see a movie go pay for it. What the hell is so hard about that?

I agree about movies, and I love going to the Theater, but TV is a different story.

What if a show you want to watch comes on while you are at work? They wont show the episode again for 5 years until it is out of syndication, and another network buys the rights to it., or you at least have to wait an entire year for the full season DVD to come out.

It is a stupid business model. They can get advertising money during commercial breaks for just 1 episode... or they can get revenue from commercials that people will see 100 million times hen people watch it over and over 24/7 on the internet.

I'm not really mad about them not wanting to show they're content on the Web, that is they're choice. I am mad that the are being retarded, and are lobbying for Big Government to ruin the internet beause they are too stupid to see a cash cow that is right in front of them.

#15 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

In theory it really is that easy. We'd probably already have something like this if all television stations were owned by one entity. The problem is, everything is fragmented and nobody wants to agree to the same terms. Online distributors have to negotiate dozens of contracts and each one keeps upping the price. Fragmentation also makes it more difficult to land favorable advertising deals for the websites.

You also have the problem that most internet providers are also the cable providers. If everything is streamed online, people will simply drop their cable, which will cost cable companies 2/3 of their revenue.

Every network that produces content can have they're own website, and make they're own advertisement deals independently.

HBO.com, NBC.com, Showtime.com... etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com