428 replies to this topic

#301 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:55 AM

LBJ would have got a triple double last night if it wasn't for the lopsided score.

#302 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

LeBron will never be the GOAT, but he's definitely one of the best playmakers and best all around players in NBA history. I'm not a huge fan of his (don't dislike, just isn't my fav player), but I definitely respect his game. We should be seeing a lot of triple doubles this season with sooooo many sharpshooters around him.

#303 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Posted Image

Mike Brown's firing stuns LeBron

By Michael Wallace
ESPN.com

As the Los Angeles Lakers move forward in a high-profile search for their next coach, count LeBron James among those who took exception to how matters went down with Mike Brown.

James doesn't believe his former coach in Cleveland ever got a "fair shake" in Los Angeles and was stunned when he learned Brown was fired by the Lakers on Friday after their 1-4 start to the season.

James played five years for Brown with the Cavaliers before Brown was fired by Cleveland after the 2009-10 season, just weeks before James departed in free agency to sign with Miami.

"I think it's unfortunate," James said Friday after the Heat's win in Atlanta against the Hawks. "I just don't think he got a fair shake, honestly. With the shortened season last year, and five games into this year, he didn't really get a full season."

Brown was hired by the Lakers before the NBA lockout last season, which condensed the regular-season schedule to 66 games. The Lakers were eliminated in the Western Conference semifinals by Oklahoma City, who eventually lost to Miami in the NBA Finals to give James the championship he never won with Brown in Cleveland.

Brown was fired in Cleveland despite winning more games than any coach in franchise history. But he was let go amid speculation that his relationship with James had soured over their final season together. James was publicly silent about Brown's potential fate -- or any other matter regarding the Cavaliers -- after Cleveland was eliminated from the playoffs by Boston in 2010.

James shook his head and paused for several seconds at his locker when he was initially asked about Brown's dismissal in Los Angeles. The Lakers are reportedly interested in former coach Phil Jackson, among others, to take over for the rest of the season.

"I've got a lot to say, but I'm not going to say it right now,"
said James, who won two of his three league MVP awards under Brown in Cleveland and also led the Cavaliers to the 2007 NBA Finals. "I wish him the best, but I just think it's unfortunate and it's just, you know, how the league is. They can do what they want to do."

James didn't elaborate, and his session with reporters was ended by a team official after that final vague comment. James told ESPN.com he planned to reach out and speak to Brown in the coming days. The Heat are on a six-game trip that takes them to Los Angeles next week to play the Clippers.

Brown is connected to others in Miami's organization. Heat coach Erik Spoelstra considers Brown one of his better friends in the league and they share a similar rise to prominence in the coaching ranks.

Spoelstra and Brown started as video coordinators and advance scouts in the NBA and worked their way to premier head coaching jobs. The two were also rival point guards in the same collegiate conference on the West Coast.

"When you see one of your coaching peers, one of your fraternity, not get an opportunity, that's tough," Spoelstra said of Brown. "Mike is an excellent coach. He has proven it. He has got an excellent track record. It's a shame that it came down like that."

The Lakers made the change after getting off to a 1-4 start despite the offseason acquisitions of two-time MVP Steve Nash and perennial defensive player of the year Dwight Howard. With Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol already in place, the Lakers entered the season with immense expectations to reclaim their spot atop the Western Conference.

Instead, they had the worst record in the West through five games before they opened a homestand with Friday's victory against Golden State. Injuries and chemistry problems have contributed to the Lakers' slow -- and costly -- start to the season.

Miami endured similar early struggles when James and Chris Bosh first joined Dwyane Wade in Miami two seasons ago. The Heat started 9-8 during the 2010-11 season, and their frustrations spilled over during a team meeting after a loss at Dallas in November. Like Brown, Spoelstra also initially had to deal with players privately grumbling about his offense and their roles in it.

But the Heat quickly regrouped and advanced to the Finals that first season before losing to the Mavericks in six games. They avenged that setback last season to win the title, and all the early turbulence is now a faded memory in Miami.

Spoelstra said one difference between the Heat's and Lakers' situations is that he had more support from owner Micky Arison and team president Pat Riley, who groomed Spoelstra for the head coaching position when Riley retired as coach following the 2007-08 season.

"Looking at our situation, it was something much, much different," Spoelstra said. "We had patience. The stability comes from Micky and Pat. They were thinking big picture the whole way. There wasn't a panic, even when we were 9-8. I felt great confidence from them, but it needed to be said. All we needed was to get our hands dirty, get to work and figure out collectively how to get out of that hole."

http://espn.go.com/n...-angeles-lakers

#304 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Not sure why LBJ seems distraught over the Mike Brown firing. LBJ and Brown were failures their entire career in Cleveland.

#305 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

LBJ is upset because he knew Mike Brown was terrible and wanted him to stay in LA.

#306 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:28 PM

#307 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

That was Sunday, CarolinaPride, this was Monday night...

Tonight King and the Heat are in Los Angeles and will face The Clipps. 2 of the best teams in the league right now.

#308 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Heat/Clips should be a fun game to watch.

Attached File  lob.jpg   9.85K   0 downloads

#309 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Clippers pounded em.

#310 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Clippers pounded em.

The Clippers have won five consecutive games against the Heat at home, the last three with LeBron James on the floor. They're 10-2 overall against Miami at Staples Center since 2001-02.

The Heat have a game Thursday night in Denver, but that didn't keep coach Erik Spoelstra from playing James the entire third quarter and the first 9 ½ minutes of the fourth. Even with the Heat down by 20 points with 5 ½ minutes left in the game, James was still on the floor. To his credit, he helped cut the deficit to 11 with 3:47 remaining, causing the Clippers to reinsert Paul and Griffin. Spoelstra finally waved the white flag and took James out with 2:30 left and the Heat trailing by 14.

"We view them as legit contenders for the title."- Spoelstra on the Clippers

James did not have a rebound in the first half. He finished with 30 points, seven assists and five rebounds

http://www.nba.com/g...C/gameinfo.html

The Clipps are loaded with talent so the Heat arent gonna beat themselves up over losing to them on the road. It would be cool to see these 2 teams battle it out in the Finals. :)

#311 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

The Clipps are loaded with talent so the Heat arent gonna beat themselves up over losing to them on the road. It would be cool to see these 2 teams battle it out in the Finals. :)

Just watched the Clips hold off the veteran Spurs in the last 5 minutes of the 4th period for the W on the road in San Antonio.
They could just go all the way.

#312 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

Dallas Cowboys fans watched on Thursday with a mix of agony and admiration as Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III led his team to an upset victory at Cowboys Stadium in the first nationally-televised game of his career.

One of the more famous Cowboys fans, Miami Heat forward LeBron James, couldn’t help but express his respect for Griffin, who threw for 311 yards and four touchdowns. After the game, James tweeted: “RGIII is a MONSTER!!”

My colleague Michael Lee was down in Miami on Friday, and was part of a media scrum in which James was asked about Griffin’s play against Dallas.

“I tweeted he’s a monster yesterday. I hated it had to be against the Cowboys, but I give props where props is due. He’s an animal,” James said. “He’s the first rookie to ever win in Cowboys Stadium on Turkey Day, but the passes he was making, honestly – the unbelievable pass to Santana Moss on the roll-out on the back shoulder, and over the middle to Pierre Garcon. He was making some unbelievable plays. He’s an unbelievable talent."

Asked if Griffin had converted him to the Redskins, James said, “No,” and walked away.

http://www.washingto...m-lebron-james/

Heat are now back atop the Eastern Conference standings. LeBron is top 5 in scoring, top 15 in assists, top 20 in rebounds, shooting 52% from the field.

#313 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

I thought you were a Bobcats fan?

We are 7-5 on the season, it wouldn't be cool to see the Heat...it would be cool to see the Bobcats in the finals.

#314 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

I thought you were a Bobcats fan?

We are 7-5 on the season, it wouldn't be cool to see the Heat...it would be cool to see the Bobcats in the finals.

I am a Bobcat fan. A bigger one than you in fact. The Hornets are not 7-5. The Hornets are not better than the Grizz, Spurs, or Clippers and wont sniff the Finals.

LeBron James is the most popular basketball player in the world, and the Heat are NBA champions, sorry if that bothers you so much. There's few NBA forums you'll find that don't discuss him.

#315 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Who said anything about the Hornets? (other than Michael Jordan) This is a thread created by a so called Bobcats fan who mentions that it would be great to see a team other than the Bobcats in the NBA finals. I just think that is weird.

Your not a bigger Bobcats fan than me, if you were you wouldn't comment about how cool it would be to see a team in the Bobcats division in the finals.

You could create a thread saying how cool it would be to see our 2 rookies shut down the best player in the world on our way to the finals.

LeBron James being the most popular basketball player in the world and NBA champion doesn't bother me, he seems like a good dude and has never gotten in one ounce of trouble despite being in the limelight since he was 12 or 13. Kudos to him.

The fact remains that I don't think it would be cool to see him in the finals, it would be "cool" to see MKG in the finals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users