The Carolina, Peyton connection

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Last year at this time Carolina had the #1 overall pick with Luck being the clear #1. We all thought Luck would come here and take us straight to a Superbowl victory. Then, due to the lockout and perhaps having to go to Carolina, Peyton convinced Luck to not declare for the draft. Luck listened, didn't declare and we were stuck with the #1 pick that no one wanted. We then struck gold with Cam who we can all agree, we would rather have than Luck.

Now, after Peytons injury, Luck is again the clear #1 overall pick, right where the Colts are sitting, and is apparently running Peyton out Indi.

Karma? Just an intersting thought.

#2 jbland

jbland

Huddle Chiropractor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:20 AM

No one can say we are better off with Cam over Luck. I love having Cam and think he is a special talent but only time will tell which is a better qb.

#3 CatfanMO

CatfanMO

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  • LocationKC Mo

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Karma? How about conspiracy..

#4 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Peyton didn't convince Luck not to declare for the draft; he told him to do what he felt was best. Luck didn't return to school because he didn't want to come to Carolina; he returned to school because he wanted to finish his degree. Luck isn't running Peyton out of Indy; Peyton's age, injuries and massive contract are running Peyton out of Indy.

Put the pipe down.

#5 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • 4,597 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Personally I think Luck is in a lot of trouble. 1st he is the victim of insane media hype for 2 years running. Second he is gonna be the number one pick after the QB known as the Cam. Third he is going to the team that enjoyed uber success behind one of games best ever QB's. This kid is in for so much scrutiny i feel bad for him. Not only that but he doesn't even get the 70 million dollar rookie deal to help ease the pressure. It's a setup for epic failure.

#6 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Peyton didn't convince Luck not to declare for the draft; he told him to do what he felt was best. Luck didn't return to school because he didn't want to come to Carolina; he returned to school because he wanted to finish his degree. Luck isn't running Peyton out of Indy; Peyton's age, injuries and massive contract are running Peyton out of Indy.

Put the pipe down.

Has he finished his degree? (Which is unaccredited)

How come he didn't declare his love for school before everyone knew who was picking #1?

Were you on the phone that day? Who else can you listen in on?

It is what it was, a snub.

#7 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,049 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

Also if there isn't a Cam versus Luck Superbowl by the year 2016 I am going to be sorely disappointed.

#8 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:12 PM

Put the pipe down.

How come he didn't declare his love for school before everyone knew who was picking #1?

Stanford isn't an accredited university anymore?

#9 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Everything that had been reported was that he was on track to graduate in May.

He said before the 2010 season he loved Stanford and wanted to stay until he finished his degree. He never once wavered from that statement, never once gave the impression he was seriously considering leaving.

Luck and Peyton have both said basically the same thing regarding the conversation.

The inferiority complex of some of you people is just embarrassing.

(If you want links, they are out there but you're going to need to search a bit because they are all over a year old by now.)

#10 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

Put the pipe down.

Likely multiple reasons that Luck stayed last year.(remember also announced shortly after JR's weird PC) But it was reported if IRC that Peyton told Luck how happy he was staying at Tennesee and if he didn't tell him flat out, came pretty close to advising him to stay in school. So it is a little ironic that Luck could be forcing Peyton out of Indy

#11 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 3,993 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

Personally I think Luck is in a lot of trouble. 1st he is the victim of insane media hype for 2 years running. Second he is gonna be the number one pick after the QB known as the Cam. Third he is going to the team that enjoyed uber success behind one of games best ever QB's. This kid is in for so much scrutiny i feel bad for him. Not only that but he doesn't even get the 70 million dollar rookie deal to help ease the pressure. It's a setup for epic failure.

Thanks for summing up all the pressure that is gonna be put on this kid (trying to one-up Cam being one of the biggest and most unlikely). I'm gonna have my eyes closely on Luck, because THIS SH*T IS GONNA BE HYPE!! I can't wait to see all the failure unfold, one interception at a time. :cam:

Edited by megadeth078, 16 February 2012 - 12:35 PM.

#12 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

I don't know how I can continue to be shocked by the absurdity of things people believe here.

Where the hell do you people come from? I the stupidest people I've met in my real life compare favorably to the majority of the Huddle members.

#13 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Peyton isn't leaving Indy guys. Anyone want to bet

#14 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,908 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Not only that but Indy is rebuilding mode. For those that think or thought Carolina was in rebuilding mode? Just look at Indy...that's rebuilding.

#15 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Not only that but Indy is rebuilding mode. For those that think or thought Carolina was in rebuilding mode? Just look at Indy...that's rebuilding.

rebuild? It's more like a frame-off restoration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.