Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

Give up next years first?

47 posts in this topic

I am sure Carolina will have tons of different strategies based on how the draft unfolds....with as deep as this draft is at DT and CB ( first 2 rounds).

What about giving up next years first to get into the top of round 2.

Get Kuechly, best DT and best CB on the board?

computer-suicide-cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-337.gif

3 people like this

Nooooooooooooooo ! We have the No 8 pick in the second round. I wouldn't mind trading our pick in the first round to a mid first and getting an extra pick in the second or third rounds. We will still get a starter in the mid first and good potential in the second

round. After the second round we usually don't fair well. No trading up. That how we got Edwards and Everret Brown and lost our picks.

It depends on who's there, but those guys always fall for a reason. I think a lot of people would have been cool if we had done that last year for Bowers, and that would look pretty bad right now.

No more trading picks for picks

computer-suicide-cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-337.gif

:rofl:

Nooooooooooooooo ! We have the No 8 pick in the second round. I wouldn't mind trading our pick in the first round to a mid first and getting an extra pick in the second or third rounds. We will still get a starter in the mid first and good potential in the second

round. After the second round we usually don't fair well. No trading up. That how we got Edwards and Everret Brown and lost our picks.

I'd be fine with that as well. I just Carolina knows they need some talent. That would be ideal. I just think if they can't trade down to pick up an extra pick they realistically could consider trading the first to get a high 2nd.

i swear to god, if he does it again

table-flip-o.gif

well, I think it is something fans should be prepared for...Hurney was quiet last year. Probably has the itch.

No.

1 person likes this

So if a DT some have suggested at one point we consider (pre combine) with our overall at #9 is there at the opening of round 2.....most would be upset if we traded next years first for him? A pick we would hope would be bottom of the first...

Wouldn't it make more sense in this draft than in some prior Fox drafts? Pending the draft developed in a manner that put the right players there. With no way of predicting the draft it is tough to rule anything out

Or you can wait and take a LB in the 2nd like Kendricks, Brown etc.......