Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

breezing2anotherSB

Saints resigning Nicks and Colston? OMG

i'm in australia. it's been free agent day for sixteen and a half hours. you bitches are lucky

It is so funny that Panther fans don't even attempt to say the Panthers will challenge the Saints. They point to the 49ers lol.

Saints hosting and playing in Super Bowl next year. How cool is that going to be!

Oh, we'll challenge you this year... that goes without saying.

Since we are talking about the past...36 losing seasons out of 44....ouch.

Remember, the past for this guy is ALL the way back to 2009.

Oh, we'll challenge you this year... that goes without saying.

we were one mixup on a route away from beating them in charlotte this season.

it's all false bravado and these dipshits know in their heart of hearts that we're going to be a pain in the ass for them in the coming years.

The money the saved from not paying Brees, they are trying to pay everyone else LOL ... Can we now officially can this the Brees Farewell season in New Orleans

Carl Nicks ‏ @bigbrickhouse77

Y'all know I keep it real on this. My agent told me the saints made me an offer and it is respectable...

Carl Nicks ‏ @bigbrickhouse77

Still need time to think and talk with my family

May be a respectable deal ... but is not a DONE deal .... after he sees the offers other teams will make .... he is out of there

May be a respectable deal ... but is not a DONE deal .... after he sees the offers other teams will make .... he is out of there

he's the best guard in the league and is going to get paid like it. really he might be the highest profile guard to hit FA since steve hutchinson in 2006, although technically he got the transition tag and signed an offer sheet instead of walking into FA outright iirc.

Nicks is doing the same thing that Brees did earlier. He isn't going to burn any bridges or say anything negative. But on Monday he said that he was going to be the best paid guard in the game. He said he was an all pro guard who was very cheap compared to other guys. He plans to make up for it on this contract. That is not compatible with taking a home team discount. When the big money offers come in he will bring it back for the Saints to match. If they don't or won't he will do what is best for his family and leave.

THe problem for new Orleans is that they are making offers to other guys with the assumption that Brees is going to take the 15 million or at least sign for the 18 they offered. If he doesn't they have no way they can pay these other guys what they want.

Colston is another guy who is going for his big payday. I really doubt as cheap as he has been paid, that he will settle for much less than what he is worth. The only thing in NO favor is that there are so many free agents out there and only 120 million in cap space. The fact that Washington and Dallas can't spend as much will be an issue going forward.

As for the 30% discount to sign your own players- that is the NBA not the NFL. I saw nothing in these rules that allows a 30% discount to sign your own. And as it clearly says you have to be under the cap at all times. If you aren't, you can't sign any other guys until you are.

I wonder if all Saint fans are this uninformed.

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

What's that? You have a pit in your stomach because the greatest offense in the history of the NFL is going to return everyone? LMAO

Free agent guard Carl Nicks says he has received "respectable" contract offer from New Orleans Saints

New Orleans Saints, receiver Marques Colston reportedly working 'feverishly' toward contract

Must suck to be wrong... wait, you must be used to it...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/with-colston-done-nicks-still-may-be-gone/

The Saints have secured the services of receiver Marques Colston with a five-year, devil-in-the-details $40 million contract. So now lock up Pro Bowl guard Carl Nicks before 4:00 p.m. ET?

“I don’t think so,” a source with knowledge of the situation told PFT.

They may yet sign him, but ima laugh my ass off at you if they don't.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    GeauxSainz