Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeasonBeastingBacks

Patriots looking to move up?

76 posts in this topic

If everyone is after Brockers (Rams, Pats) why shouldn't we take such a player. Giving that pick away if such a player is there is a ticket to loserville and also proves my point that he IS the top DT in this class

Pats recent draft history isn't so great.

I'd take that deal.

It's funny, now that the Patriots want Brockers, that makes me want Brockers.. it's kind of like, when I am out to dinner, and someone orders a steak, all of sudden that sounds really good and I want a steak..

The Pats suck ass at actually drafting, them being interested enough in Brockers to trade makes me want him even less.

Do it, get that Armanti traded pick back.

Take the deal. In my opinion, the talent curve droos off dramatically after the first five or six players. The next big dropoff I see is around 35.

They'll probably still be some decent options there.

Jerel Worthy, Devon Still, Janoris Jenkins, Zach Brown, Chandler Jones, Mark Barron, etc.

with this same logic, y would ne move up?

That's a really crap spot to be in. At 9 you've got some good talent not to mention the possibility one of the top 8 talents falls to you.

I definitely would not do it until draft day when it was our turn to pick, and I probably wouldn't even do it then.

This.

Its a reason they wanna move up just sit back and take a top ten talent.

The Pats suck ass at actually drafting, them being interested enough in Brockers to trade makes me want him even less.

Last time we traded with the Pats, we lost. Gave them a 3rd round pick, and (next years 1st) for a 2nd round pick. We got Armanti Edwards with that pick. It would be nice to trad with them again, and they draft a bust.

lol we could have the 32nd pick and there would still be a ton of people whining to trade down so we can load up on mid-round Dan Connor and Kealoha Pilares to keep the team firmly planted in the mediocre center of the NFL. This fanbase has never been able to handle first round picks very well.

I would call them right now and make the trade for thier two firsts.

I'm just not a fan of anyone at nine. Two picks in the later part of the draft gives us a ton of ammo in this draft and would allow for (at the very least) us to walk away from this draft with two impact players on defense.

I would call them right now and make the trade for thier two firsts.

I'm just not a fan of anyone at nine. Two picks in the later part of the draft gives us a ton of ammo in this draft and would allow for (at the very least) us to walk away from this draft with two impact players on defense.

That would be stupid. You dont know how the draft will unfold. what if you traded and then come draft day, Claiborne/Blackmon were there at #9.

It is very interesting, but the problem with this team is the fact that we need TALENT not depth. Thats all your really getting after the top 20 in this draft.