Photo
- - - - -

Panthers Are Listening To Offer For J-Stew

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
243 replies to this topic

#161 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

At best, we would get a pick at the end of the 3rd round in 2014. Due to Stew splitting carries, he may not even get that....might only get a pick at the end of the 5th round in 2014.

Anyone who would rather let him walk at the end of this season and get av5th round compensatory pick....rather than trade for a 2nd rounder in this year's draft is beyond ridiculous....they are pathetic.

#162 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

I understand the front offices desire to trade J-stew. Lets be honest, we will not have the money to sign him next year. We either trade him this offseason, or lose him.

Our new offense does not require two great RB's. We can make due with Williams and possibly trade into the 2nd round and solidify our defense.

I WOULD HATE THE IDEA OF J-STEW PLAYING SOMEWHERE ELSE. But, it makes the most sense!

#163 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

So I still don't get why a team would value Stew for a 2nd considering he's got only one year left on his contract. Yeah, his 2012 price is affordable, but then what? Franchise tag or watch him possibly command top money? Sounds like depending on the landing point he could prove to be more trouble than he's worth. Maybe it wouldn't be a sticking point but I'm not seeing the team giving up a second as being happy to make that deal. Maybe a trade involving another player? IDK...

#164 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

So I still don't get why a team would value Stew for a 2nd considering he's got only one year left on his contract. Yeah, his 2012 price is affordable, but then what? Franchise tag or watch him possibly command top money? Sounds like depending on the landing point he could prove to be more trouble than he's worth. Maybe it wouldn't be a sticking point but I'm not seeing the team giving up a second as being happy to make that deal. Maybe a trade involving another player? IDK...

The problem with involving a trade with another player is the CAP. We simply have none and Stewart is still on his rookie contract, which basically means he is playing for next to nothing. If we would do a player swap, we would need to find a player under contract to make practically nothing (another player on their rookie contract most likely)

#165 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Well the cap is always a factor, but those type things work themselves out when a deal is being put together. Best I can tell teams aren't going to be interested in giving a second round pick for a player with one year left on their contract. When our management says they aren't shopping him, I can believe that. If that is true, how in the world is some team going to come here and knock our socks off with a deal considering the contract they pick up? Everything points to him staying IMO. I'll be concerned about 2013 after we finish 2012.

#166 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:14 PM

If stew wants a new deal next year we can afford it. Not an issue

#167 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

1) Trade Stew while we can still get something for him.

1A) Trade Stewy for draft pick(s).

1B) Trade Stewy for an established player.

2) Let Stewy player this year. Let him walk next year, and take the comp 3rd rounder.

3) Throw Stewy in with our #9, move up and take Claiborne.

4) My personal favorite. Let this year play out, and then see where the stiuation leads.

That is a whole lot of scenarios my friends. And that is just off the tippy top of my head.

I will say this. IF Stewy is traded. It is more than likely both sides know he wants to leave. I, however, see him playing this year. Then worrying about where he is going to sign. If we have a good year, the O looks good, and Stewy has a good year. I see no reason to believe he will leave.

We take care of our own. And GOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#168 Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

Disinfranchised

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

1) Trade Stew while we can still get something for him.

1A) Trade Stewy for draft pick(s).

1B) Trade Stewy for an established player.

2) Let Stewy player this year. Let him walk next year, and take the comp 3rd rounder.

3) Throw Stewy in with our #9, move up and take Claiborne.

4) My personal favorite. Let this year play out, and then see where the stiuation leads.

That is a whole lot of scenarios my friends. And that is just off the tippy top of my head.

I will say this. IF Stewy is traded. It is more than likely both sides know he wants to leave. I, however, see him playing this year. Then worrying about where he is going to sign. If we have a good year, the O looks good, and Stewy has a good year. I see no reason to believe he will leave.

We take care of our own. And GOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes. #4 at least. Never give up your best players. These idiots would trade Newton for a draft pick.

#169 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Ok you have two options. A year worth of kinky sex with a super model who may end up marrying you afterwards. Or 4 years of sex with someone potentially busted and bad in bed. Hmm give me the memories with the super model and ill take my chances convincing her to stay with me after said year.

#170 cotblock

cotblock

Don't Call Me Junior Member

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Ok you have two options. A year worth of kinky sex with a super model who may end up marrying you afterwards. Or 4 years of sex with someone potentially busted and bad in bed. Hmm give me the memories with the super model and ill take my chances convincing her to stay with me after said year.

Do you honestly believe this is a good analogy?