• This topic is locked This topic is locked
337 replies to this topic

#331 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,029 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

^

I'll start caring about the bobcats / Hornets or whoever once they put in a nucleus of legitimate players and keep them for a few years. The team has no identity except one of inconsistency and failure. Why would I pull for that?

true definition of a fair weather fan. you either support your home team or you dont, there are no variables.

#332 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

Not really. I don't pull for another NBA team. Charlotte is the only one with a chance to catch my interest. They would need to be a legit NBA team though.

#333 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

I'll start caring about the bobcats / Hornets or whoever once they put in a nucleus of legitimate players and keep them for a few years. The team has no identity except one of inconsistency and failure. Why would I pull for that?

And this is yet another reason why the rebrand would capitalize on the rebuilding plan already in place for on-court success. For the most part, the Bobcats haven't built a solid fanbase or rapport with fans. A good deal of us have been actively pulling for them since day one, but there are thousands of potential fans who have avoided the team either because of the brand and some bitter feelings or the lack of a consistent, quality product on the floor... or both. Pull them in now with the rebrand and they'll stick once the product meets the hype of the new identity in 2 years or so.

#334 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

The rebranding walls are closing in... How do I counter it?

http://www.carolinah...and-to-hornets/

SMH...
Posted Image

If your point was to offend people and make them feel the way you feel about the potential Hornets rebrand for the Bobcats, then you may have made your point. Problem is, there is no public outcry for a rebrand of the Panthers. The Panthers merchandise sells. The fanbase has never been alienated. JR listens to suggestions, calls fans himself, interacts with fans, etc. The stadium is always full, thanks to PSLs, and if you don't like opposing fans being in the stadium you should take your efforts to raising awareness about our own fans selling their tickets to non-fans.

This is getting pathetic.

#335 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Forget about rebranding. Just spend 100% of the time, money, and resources in adding talent to this pathetic excuse of a roster.

I would even settle for a team not making the playoffs that is at least competitive.

Why would I spend my hard earned money to come watch this abomination lose by 30+ points yet again.

We are not even competitive in games.

#336 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

Yeah whether KT wants to admit it or not, this grassroots hornets movement is garnering attention and this ball is rolling!

#337 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,029 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

ball is in New Orleans court, have to wait for Benson to rebrand them and release the name.

#338 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

It seems rebranding talk is frowned upon trolling/disrespect on the Huddle. Glad we cleared that up. Now we can go back to talking bball here again. Bobcats and NBA fans feel free to post again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Charlotte, Hornets, Bobcats, Rebrand, Rename

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users