Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Draft Rumor Station

89 posts in this topic

Posted

Report: No interest in trading up for Jaguars pick

In his Monday Morning Quarterback column at SI.com, Peter King writes that the trade market to move up to seven is “comatose” unless the Jaguars put a very low asking price on the pick. Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill would be the most likely target for a team looking to deal up in the first round, but it doesn’t seem like anyone is looking to hurdle the Dolphins for a chance to grab him. That should clear the path for the Dolphins to grab Tannehill if reports from PFT and King are correct that owner Stephen Ross wants the team to take him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/23/report-no-interest-in-trading-up-for-jaguars-pick/

Posted

If Cox is gone you take Coples, so long as our FO did their homework which I am sure they have. I am comfortable with any selection we make and have faith in our staff. I just see Coples being able to use his pass rushing abilities as an end or even beefing up a little and playing some DT as well this year and being an impact and a difference-maker at both positions.

Posted

Saints fans like COX.........

Posted

Saints fans like COX.........

No....they like Cocks....not Cox.

Posted

Either the Rams, Vikes, or Jags are gonna fug the order up.

I don't think the Vikes go Kalil...who then could go to the Bucs with someone then trading up for Claiborne...a fug it haha

Posted

I'm going to LOL if the Vikings pass on Kalil.

That and if the Jags trade down. Some teams can afford to trade down but Jax is not one of them.

Posted

It was said on Sirius NFL radio this morning and it makes sense, but I think the Vikings are using Claiborne as posturing to get Tampa to move up. If Claiborne and Richardson are gone, they will have to go with their 3rd preference, which might not be ideal. I think the Vikes want to move down to 5 because they know they can get an additional pick and still get Kalil. It won't work I don't think.

Make no mistake, they want playmakers, but you take the premier left tackle in the top 5 if you don't have one, and have a young QB. They will take Kalil.

Posted

The Vikes may be doing exactly that. Convince everyone they don't like Kalil, and that they're going to take Claiborne. TB panics, moves up to 3 and take Claiborne. The Vikings then move to 5. Kalil won't go to the Browns because they have Joe Thomas, so, Kalil drops to 5 to the Vikings, and they take him there.

Posted

Rams are saying they want a starting dt so they may go cox at 6.

Good, I want Gilmore.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good, I want a lower rated prospect that will be taken higher than his worth.

Fixed it for you

Posted

Fixed it for you

He may not be rated there, but he has the capability of being a #1 CB in the NFL for a long, long time. And, by all accounts, he's a fantastic teammate and really, really hard worker.

Posted

I'm just over it. Honestly, I'm not really even that concerned about the #9 pick. If history is any indication, we're likely going to get a really good player in the 1st round.

It's everything after the 1st that I'm concerned about and history isn't on our side when it comes to those picks.