4 replies to this topic

#1 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,146 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

Today I received an email from the lawyers of author Susan Jeffers, PhD., notifying me that I’d infringed on her trademark by inadvertently using the phrase “feel the fear and do it anyway” in my post last week, A Guide to Beating the Fears That Hold You Back.

The phrase, apparently, is the title of one of her books … a book I’d never heard of. I wasn’t referring to her book. I’m not using the phrase as a title of a book or product or to sell anything. I was just referring to something a friend said on Twitter.

Her lawyers asked me to insert the ® symbol after the phrase, in my post, and add this sentence: “This is the registered trademark of Susan Jeffers, Ph.D. and is used with her permission.”

http://zenhabits.net...glish-language/

this really pisses me the balls off.

#2 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

IP law up in this motherfuger

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,267 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

ha ha ha

#4 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,146 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

i think i'm gonna call up a trademark lawyer, crack open a dictionary at letter A, and start copyrighting the whole language.

#5 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 09:23 PM

wait until the web-spiders find out how many times octomom has been used on this forum. Zod will be finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.