#16 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Okay. Im sure Rivera and Hurney's sources were much better than yours. Theres a reason they picked the kid.

This isn't a source really man. It's a good friend of mine.

I also find it hilarious that a lot of posters rag on the analyst and talk so much crap about them until they can be used to defend their argument.

#17 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

If I heard it right in the interview, he originally had an offer from Georgia and became a late qualifier and ended up sitting out.

Everything I heard from the interview has me even more excited.

Doesn't sound like a douche, and even if he was a douche there's plenty of great football players who aren't liked by everyone. I love the pick.

#18 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

This can explain why he did not go to a bigger school and also why he fell in the draft. They must figure that they can change his attitude and make him a productive citizen as well as a guy who can play in the NFL.

don't sleep on the Coastal Carolina program dude. They're putting a lot of players in the NFL the past 5 years. Not bad considering it didn't even have a FB program a decade ago.

#19 EMSMedic79

EMSMedic79

Member since 2005

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationOn the Water

Maybe your buddy had a conflict of interest with him??? Just saying....

#20 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

Good thing he plays corner, the best ones are douches and the most selfish guys on the team.

#21 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

If I heard it right in the interview, he originally had an offer from Georgia and became a late qualifier and ended up sitting out.

Everything I heard from the interview has me even more excited.

Doesn't sound like a douche, and even if he was a douche there's plenty of great football players who aren't liked by everyone. I love the pick.

Agree with your last sentence. Lot's of famous, talented people are assholes in real life.

If the guy can stay out of trouble and be a team guy, this looks like a steal.

#22 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Rivera will get is mind right.
Was funny as hell last camp where he made Goodson carry the ball around all day.
Or he'll ship his ass out of town. ;)

I second that opinion. Thing about any of these guys is that Coach R and JR seem to have a pretty low threshold for BS. I think they'll either get with the program, or the program will get along without them. So until I see evidence otherwise, I'm willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to all the newbies.

#23 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,988 posts

Smitty will beat his ass if he gets out of line.

NORMAN, YOU BETTER TALK TO KEN LUCAS.

#24 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,271 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

I have a feeling he's starting week 1

#25 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Maybe your buddy had a conflict of interest with him??? Just saying....

I acknowledged that in my original post.

#26 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 13,952 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:17 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydoQ2XzjPQ&feature=autoplay&list=PLED2BC21D7EC99939&playnext=11

Certified douche.

Maybe he did this out of the goodness of his heart. Maybe he didn't.

#27 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

don't sleep on the Coastal Carolina program dude. They're putting a lot of players in the NFL the past 5 years. Not bad considering it didn't even have a FB program a decade ago.

Guess I have to explain what I said to you. Coastal Carolina has 8,000 students, Georgia has 30,000 students, this makes Coastal Carolina a smaller school. I did not say they didn't have means to find talent I said maybe this guys attitude and outlook on life when he came out of high school was something the bigger schools moved on from. They can go out and find 10 more players just like him, a smaller school does not have that luxury.

#28 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I've mentioned before that I know two people that both played on the Coastal Carolina FB team and one of which I talk to almost daily. This is the same guy who I asked about Mike Tolbert coming here and he told me that it was extremely likely.

I just texted him about Josh Norman, and he is not a fan of the guy. He said he is "thug" and "very selfish player"

He also said if Norman starts for us week 1 we are in serious trouble.

I know that on paper it looks like a great pick and a lot of the analyst love the pick based on value. However, 2 months ago a lot mock drafts had him as a solid 2nd round selection and he took a big dive being drafted in the 5th round.

Again, this is from my friend who did not play w/ Norman at Coastal but still has strong ties to the program. So take this with a grain of salt because maybe Norman snubbed him or something at a banquet that he didn't mention and he's just butt hurt. I should also mention that I asked another guy who played at Coastal and is now in the NFL and he said that Norman is a good player but is a douche.

I'm not pulling an NJP and trying to break any inside info to anyone, I'm just telling you what I know from a person who knows Coastal Carolina FB inside and out and started on the team.

i think your buddy is mistaken.....

#29 MGH1989

MGH1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

could care less if he is selfish and a doosh, as long as he works hard and doesn't get in trouble off the field.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,626 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Agree with your last sentence. Lot's of famous, talented people are assholes in real life.

If the guy can stay out of trouble and be a team guy, this looks like a steal.

Yeah man, again, interviews and media "get-to-know-yous" can be misleading but I don't pickup on any negativity out of him. And as you mentioned, it could just be a personal thing between the guy you know and Norman...

Who knows, could've been a woman issue or something... Never know.

But, from the outside looking in, he seems like a humble guy that works hard and has plenty of talent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.