Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name Your Top Reasons You Are Glad We Have Cam And Not Luck

105 posts in this topic

Posted

Luck is always being compared to either:

1) Peyton Manning, who has fewer Super Bowls and a much worse playoff record than his derpy sibling

2) John Elway, who lost repeatedly in the Super Bowl until his late 30s and all the other good teams had fallen off

At best, Luck is a good QB who will do squat when it counts, or a Matt Ryan clone.

Cam, on the other hand, is something never seen before, and will likely never be seen again. It's impossible to say how high his ceiling really is, when he has the holy trinity of absurb talent, fiery competitiveness and "it", that factor to transcend sports itself.

I wish Luck well, but he did us the greatest favor ever by staying at Stanford. For that alone I'll wish him the best.

Posted

I think Luck will be a very good pocket passer in the. NFZk. However, I love Cam because he is the real deal dual-threat QB.

Posted

This

Posted

Cams charisma is outta this world

And thats pretty much all i need

I love him so <3

Posted

I like Cam over Luck because Cam already has a year of experience under his belt.

Secondly, the NFL likes to compare players, not just of similar playing stile, but mostly race. That is why you see Cam compared to VIck, Russel, and even Kordell Stewart. This leaves the expectations very low. Luck on the other hand has been called the second coming of Manning, or better than Elway. Those are very very high expectations........

Also why you see Luke K. compared to Urlacher, Connor or (insert white LB here)

Posted

Oh crap, draft over.

I guess this junk is what we will be subject to until training camp. Who has the prettiest QB? Give me a break.

Posted

Swag

Posted

I like Cam, but if Luck turns out to be the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady, then I might not be glad. :)

Luck could turn out to be the greatest QB ever, and I won't care.

You only care about other teams having good players if you don't have your own.

I don't care which guy we've got as long as the one we have is good.

Posted

Swag. Andrew Luck has none.

Posted

Oh crap, draft over.

I guess this junk is what we will be subject to until training camp. Who has the prettiest QB? Give me a break.

Then make a better post your brainless moron fine young male

Posted

Luck could turn out to be the greatest QB ever, and I won't care.

You only care about other teams having good players if you don't have your own.

I don't care which guy we've got as long as the one we have is good.

Fwiw, it doesn't really matter much and I am glad we have Newtwon.

Had the op said name the reasons you are glad we have Cam, I would say because we have a very good qb. And even now, I prefer Newton over Luck because Newton is a proven commodity where as luck is a unknown. But if down the road we find that Cam has a solid career while Luck is mentioned as one of the best of all time, then I might wish we had Luck. Just as I am sure there are Giant fans who wish they had taken Montana instead of Phil Simms in 1979.

Posted

an_average_huddler_thinks_about_lucks_decision_to_stay_in_stanford.avi

seriously you idiots need to let go of this luck poo. its just beyond sad at this point