Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Get ready for a long long court battle.

http://content.usato...supreme-court/1

Won't matter much to us so long as the suspensions are upheld, and the players can't see the field.

Somebody PLEASE point out where Goodell ordered Vilma to be somewhere to meet him, and Vilma flat out refused!!! Did I miss this HUGE story??? Because that within itself is considered insubordination and he should have been suspended for that alone.

Again please provide the link where he refused to see Goodell

The answer to your question

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

One detail that's important here in NFL statement: League says all players were given a chance to interview with league, and none did.

#92 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

TCF, as a constitution-fearing American, you should know a private corporation can handle its employees how it chooses. And you can't have a class action lawsuit of one person.

/smfh

Are you out of your mind? A private company cannot publicly slander and make accusations that defame the character of those employees. What country do you live in???

#93 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

The answer to your question

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

Let's try a link from a legit respectable media outlet. Not a tweet...

#94 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Are you out of your mind? A private company cannot publicly slander and make accusations that defame the character of those employees. What country do you live in???

Thank you, I stopped talking to him because he doesn't get it. He's now on my ignore list.

#95 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Somebody PLEASE point out where Goodell ordered Vilma to be somewhere to meet him, and Vilma flat out refused!!! Did I miss this HUGE story??? Because that within itself is considered insubordination and he should have been suspended for that alone.

Again please provide the link where he refused to see Goodell

It's referenced on the first page of this very thread, specifically post 17 (link)

The full statement released by the NFL can be read here (link)

Here's the pertinent info, with an important point in bold:

A number of current and former players, including each player disciplined today, were offered the opportunity to be interviewed with counsel present. One player (Hargrove) submitted a written statement in which he did not dispute the existence of the program, but no player agreed to be interviewed in person.

So they were offered the chance not only to defend themselves, but to do so with their lawyers present, and turned it down. And again, everything was reviewed by a former US Attorney who actually now works for a defense firm (link)

"We also took the step of engaging Mary Jo White, the former United States Attorney for New York, at an early stage of the investigation in order to ensure both the fairness of the process and the reliability of the information on which our decisions were made in the Saints** matter," Goodell wrote. "Following a process that she has frequently undertaken on a wide range of matters in recent years, Mrs. White provided an independent view of the investigation from the perspective of an experienced and highly respected law enforcement officer.

"After her review, she expressed a high degree of confidence in the fairness of the investigation, the reliability of the findings, and the quality of evidence that supported those findings."

That's independent review. She is not a league employee. And as a former US Attorney and a practicing defense lawyer, I'd say she's got pretty good legal qualifications.

In short, the NFL has done an excellent job of covering their bases.

#96 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

Let's try a link from a legit respectable media outlet. Not a tweet...

The fug? Seriously?

The man works for and is a reporter for the NFL Network. I think that's legit enough. Adam Schefter is saying the same thing.

#97 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

The one where Anthony Hargrove admitted it was all true, in writing.

So unless you want to try and suggest that Hargrove was the only player involved in the bounty system (which would frankly be a ridiculously ignorant argument) the suggestion that this is "slander" is just plain dumb.

#98 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

So the NFL has evidence, Greg Williams (mastermind of it) admitted to running one, Sean Payton said it happen, and now Hargrove said it happen in a written statement.

So is Williams, Payton, and Hargrove lying or is Vilma, Fujita and others lying?

The bitch made punks got what they deserve.

#99 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

I always thought Rae Carruth got shafted with his sentence. I mean, what evidence did they have? That he was hiding in his trunk??? Come on. He was a Panther. Panther's ride together until we die together. That's how I roll.

#100 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

So the NFL has evidence, Greg Williams (mastermind of it) admitted to running one, Sean Payton said it happen, and now Hargrove said it happen in a written statement.

So is Williams, Payton, and Hargrove lying or is Vilma, Fujita and others lying?

The bitch made punks got what they deserve.

The sheer stupidity of it all is what gets me.

They were told by the league to stop it, and had they just done that, nothing would have come of this.

Add in that they were dumb enough to actually keep records. That boggles my mind.

As to the "snitch" idea, look in the league statement and you'll find the words "multiple independent sources" a bunch of times, meaning it wasn't just a single person who confirmed what happened, it was several. Yet now, even with some of those involved having admitted to it, these other guys still think they can act like it never happened.

Arrogance and stupidity are a bad combination.

#101 KBRed

KBRed

Scooter Swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

Pretty sure no one was in an uproar when Smitty beat down Ken Lucas and took his punishment like a man. He along with all of us knew he was wrong and would pay for it. Noone played the victim. Stop acting like this would change if it were Panthers. We have morals. You pay for your wrongdoings.

#102 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

If it were our players doing these things, I would be sick to my stomach that they would go out and try to intentionally injure someone and then lie about it when multiple parties said it went on and plus the NFL has over 150,000 pages of evidence.

They got what they deserve.

What a load of crap. Multiple NFL players say it goes on all over the league so you might want to get that vomit bag out.
So they have 150,000 pages of evidence. Really? 150,000??? Really? Please show me where that number came from in your research and why has the players not seen 1 page of those thousands of pages? This is the same NFL that claimed that head injuries did not cause problems with players after they retired even when they had studies telling them something different.
Goodell has a documented history of manipulating critical evidence in the past. Did we ever find out why he destroyed the spy gate evidence? Goodell is scared to death that the league is going to get brought down under his watch. By the way, if 22-24 players participated in the so called bounty's why do only 4 get punished? Oh that's right we said 24 but we meant 4. This entire thing is a sham.

#103 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

And while we're at it...

Source: Drew Brees, Saints* not close

The New Orleans Saints* and quarterback Drew Brees are not any closer to a contract extension and have made little progress on a long-term deal, a person familiar with the negotiations told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Last month, Saints* owner Tom Benson said "we're close" when asked if a long-term deal was near.

#104 breezing2anotherSB

breezing2anotherSB

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Oh, and BTW...

Posted Image

Oh by the way

Posted Image

#105 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

What a load of crap. Multiple NFL players say it goes on all over the league so you might want to get that vomit bag out.
So they have 150,000 pages of evidence. Really? 150,000??? Really? Please show me where that number came from in your research and why has the players not seen 1 page of those thousands of pages? This is the same NFL that claimed that head injuries did not cause problems with players after they retired even when they had studies telling them something different.
Goodell has a documented history of manipulating critical evidence in the past. Did we ever find out why he destroyed the spy gate evidence? Goodell is scared to death that the league is going to get brought down under his watch. By the way, if 22-24 players participated in the so called bounty's why do only 4 get punished? Oh that's right we said 24 but we meant 4. This entire thing is a sham.

For you to be this damn adamant about your Saints**, you sure don't know about the facts and what as been reported. They punished 4 because those 4 were the team leaders of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com