#17 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

I hope that Hardy can come on strong this year. I thought, like many of you, that he would be something special for us at DE. I don't think thats it to late.

#18 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,035 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

Just hope he stays off Motorcycles this offseason.

#19 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

I sure hope so.

#20 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

I never said he didn't. But he didn't do much to merit anything either way. It's just like the people that are very high on Barnidge. He has potential too, but he hasn't DONE anything. I will admit out of the two, I kinda wish we'd kept Rosario instead of Barnidge. Rosario was more athletic.

I agree with the Barnidge comment...because he hasn't don't anything at all. I'd rather have Dante right now just based on production

#21 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

A lot of people look at Hardy sack totals and say he had a bad year, but I remember that he would come so close, like 1 or 2 steps away from a sack, also he had how many pass defensed did he have? A batted ball is almost as good as a sack. IMO, I think he is going to have a break out year, that motorcycle accident and the lockout probably slowed him down a bit.

#22 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

It's not like Hardy has a choice.
It's his third year, he needs to step up or be.replaced..

The team is expecting him to step up. Im expecting the same.

The defense needs him to step up.

#23 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • 3,242 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

He played close to 290? Wow, didnt look that big last season.

#24 Montie_0123

Montie_0123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:10 PM

I'm hoping he does have one because he did show flashes last year. Hopefully he can pick off some passes, because I know last year he knocked down a few that he should have had for INTs with playing DE.

#25 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

A lot of people look at Hardy sack totals and say he had a bad year, but I remember that he would come so close, like 1 or 2 steps away from a sack, also he had how many pass defensed did he have? A batted ball is almost as good as a sack. IMO, I think he is going to have a break out year, that motorcycle accident and the lockout probably slowed him down a bit.

Also, QB's would just step up in the pocket(since we had no interior pressure) to avoid him.

#26 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

Also, QB's would just step up in the pocket(since we had no interior pressure) to avoid him.

I left that out, hopefully with a better interior push, Hardy and CJ sack numbers go up. But I still feel that Hardy will be a force on our D Line this coming season, but the DT position will most definitely help his cause.

#27 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

This. He led the league in passes defended with 11.

#28 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Love me some hardy...most players typically have their breakout years in either the third or fourth years in the league

#29 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

Kinda surprised his weight got up that high. I remember as a rookie they made him start running with the receivers because he was smoking all the linemen in sprints. For some reason I thought he was on the lighter side of DEs when we got him (but I was comparing him to Peppers, which is kind of unfair because Peppers is just... so damn big). 275-280 is probably ideal for him.

Last year I thought he played very well. His run containment was rather poor, but he would sometimes beat his man off the line and make tackles in the backfield, so his overall run defense wasn't the worst (he could still learn a thing or two from CJ). On passing plays I felt he did real well. He rarely closed in for sacks but between him and CJ they seemed to almost always win on the edge but QBs had plenty of room to step up.

If he's really putting the work in I think he'll be pretty destructive. Dude is a natural athlete, has great size and speed and when he's in shape he's generally really well conditioned. I never see him take plays off on the field (could be a different story for practice though).

#30 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:17 PM

Question:

If Hardy doesn't break out this year, would you consider him a bust? Or just an average player?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steve, Wyche article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com