Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chknwing

PFT Game Attendance Article

51 posts in this topic

No I haven't, but I would really like to. I go to any Carolina game that comes close to the west coast though. Started watching football as a kid right when Carolina entered as an expansion team and I refused to root for the Chargers, Niners or Raiders like everyone else.

I heard those raiders/9er games are rough if you're a visiting fan

I heard those raiders/9er games are rough if you're a visiting fan

Oakland will always be a shitt hole, and I don't even bother going there.

Honestly the Arizona game last year was the worst. It was just me and my girl and I've never been called out so much in my life. Watched too mexi gang bangers (both AZ fans) beat each other to a bloody pulp until they were tazed in the parking lot.

No I haven't, but I would really like to. I go to any Carolina game that comes close to the west coast though. Started watching football as a kid right when Carolina entered as an expansion team and I refused to root for the Chargers, Niners or Raiders like everyone else.

Similar thing happened to me. Ive lived in upstate NY my entire life. Was on vacation sometime in the late 90s with my family and we went to a Panthers game (dad is a huge football guy, bills fan, fascinated with modern stadiums) and ever since then I've sorta just grown into the Panthers - the only team that has any sentimental value to me. I haven't been to charlotte since but anytime the panthers are here playing the bills, jets or giants i try to go.

Meh...not really sure what the big deal about the picture of the stadium is......

Funny they didn't mention that the real reason that attendance is down is that the economy has tanked since 2007 and ticket prices are very high and in some markets going higher. Teams are pricing themselves out of the market. If it weren't for PSLs I doubt the Panthers would be doing nearly as well as they are given the caliber of product they put on the field the last 3 years and the facct that Charlotte's economy is still struggling.

This is a sportsmans state though, generally speaking I think I have been observing over the last 30 years here that fans are pretty loyal to their NC teams.

Drew Brees wants an explanation.

1 person likes this

Funny they didn't mention that the real reason that attendance is down is that the economy has tanked since 2007 and ticket prices are very high and in some markets going higher. Teams are pricing themselves out of the market. If it weren't for PSLs I doubt the Panthers would be doing nearly as well as they are given the caliber of product they put on the field the last 3 years and the facct that Charlotte's economy is still struggling.

I think this is true at least in my case, too. I live in Wilmington, and I try to see at least three home games a year. But this year, because of the economy and escalating prices available for us non-season ticket/PSL owners through the usual outlets, I'm lucky to be seeing one.

This is a sportsmans state though, generally speaking I think I have been observing over the last 30 years here that fans are pretty loyal to their NC teams.

Maybe for college basketball, but not pro sports

Insta-Stadium Upgrade: Play the Red Zone channel on the big screen during TV timeouts.

2 people like this

Props for choosing the Panthers.

1 person likes this

Same with me. Started watching football in '94, didn't care for the chargers much, then Carolina was like "well come root for us, we have pretty colors and you can be a part of something from it's inception.". I also have tons of family in NC that I visit from time to time so it just made sense. Being a Panther fan has been my biggest addiction ever since.

How in the hell are you a panthers fan living in LA? Have you even been to NC?

Well I'm from Cali also, NORCAL, we poo on those SOCAL boys, anyways. My Dad is originally form Raleigh, Ive been to Raleigh 3 times over my life span. All of my Dad's brothers and sisters still live in NC. But my Dad, has been living in California since the 80's, he was stationed on FT. ORD. So we got some Cali boys that are fans of the Panthers, for various reasons.

1 person likes this