Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romney is apparently also kind of an idiot foreign policy wise

79 posts in this topic

Posted

He gave a hell of a speech though, that must count for something.

Posted

He gave a hell of a speech though, that must count for something.

That is easily the best thing about President Reagan. He could give a great speech. His administration had the balls to get out in front of an issue. To lead the American public where they wanted them to go.

The American people and Congress could be opposed to legislation that the Reagan Administration favored and it would seem destine to fail. Then, just before the vote, President Reagan would get on national TV and sway the public in his favor and Congress would cave to the public response.

No President since Reagan has had that ability. President Obama is extremely bad at swaying public opinion because he tends to cave/compromise before any discussions even begin with opponents.

Posted

And Obama has been the worst President since Carter. What's your point?

Lmao

Posted

jj.gif

Posted

In your opinion, which is fair, but he has accomplished a hell of a lot with an obstructionist congress whose only focus is voting against anything the President offers, and with blatently no regard to the peoples wishes...case in point, women working for equal wages....no my friend Regan was the worst President since Carter, that whole trickle down economic theory your team has been spewing for years is a bunch of crap. Hasn't worked, won't work

while no fan of Regan, had he kept status quo and followed Carter's blueprint for an economy i highly doubt you are typing on the internet right now. typewriter maybe.

he had NO choice but to alter the way the US economy was operating. as for health care. getting it passed is only a political success. in 5 years or so, if it stays intact, we will then know if it was a "success".

Posted

while no fan of Regan, had he kept status quo and followed Carter's blueprint for an economy i highly doubt you are typing on the internet right now. typewriter maybe.

he had NO choice but to alter the way the US economy was operating. as for health care. getting it passed is only a political success. in 5 years or so, if it stays intact, we will then know if it was a "success".

Seriously, I thought better of you, than a personal attack, not sure where that came from, I've always respected your opinions no matter whether I agree with them or not. That being said your teams blue- print has been a return to reagnaomics for years, and as I said it didn't work then and won't work now. You and your team constantly make excuses for the mistakes of the past. Unlike the republicans now, I am not functioning with blinders (was a Republican until Bush II) I can blame both parties for the situation we are in (by the way I am a Black Man which makes me more of an anomoly) I have no problem bringing Clinton into the conversation (NAFTA) as well I have no problem including Bush I and Bush II in their overt attempts to capitulate to the demands of China, Taiwan, etc in their efforts to evicerate manufacturing within good ole Merica". And last but not least , and most defintely Reagan, the founder of trickle down, let's make the rich richer and to hell with the poor, the idol of the Publican part. Let's be honest here, the Reagan era set our country on a pathway that has proved conclusively that Americans are lemmings. Since Reagan, we vote based on fear rather than on fact, we (the middle class) vote constantly to support the rights of big business and big individual investors in hopes that by making them successful will hopefully enrich our lives. Hell trickle down economics really stiflles growth for small business, why, because trickle down economics provides choice, who do I choose, not really a about the merits of the busines but rather the connection to the have. Please, do we really believe the sewage that is spun to us, I can tell you that among new small business owners (one's that have opened sine 95') that I know, that garbage is not bought. Sorry this is so long, but I am getting tired of the Kool-Aide, bottom line is both parties are shitty, but the idea that this President somehow is causing the downfall of America is bull-poo....just saying

2 people like this

Posted

that was one of the best tinderbox posts ever.

Posted

personal attack? HUH??

Posted

Yeah, I'm confused on that as well.

Posted

put the over reacting horse back in the barn man. im hardly a rep. again, it's down right silly the very nano second someone says something counter to someones post it just has to mean they vote for the opposing party all the time. critical thinking much?

Posted

Seriously, I thought better of you, than a personal attack, not sure where that came from, I've always respected your opinions no matter whether I agree with them or not.

Where is the personal attack?

Posted

put the over reacting horse back in the barn man. im hardly a rep. again, it's down right silly the very nano second someone says something counter to someones post it just has to mean they vote for the opposing party all the time. critical thinking much?

So, you consider my response to your quote an over-reaction.....okay, that's fair but aren't you currently in an issue with a large business that is causing you an issue that you do not feel is in your favor....trickle down economics... do you want to continue...