Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ladypanther89

Thomas Davis should be used elsewhere

129 posts in this topic

I was not aware it was a partial tear. But yeah, a full rupture is probably the most devastating injury for an athlete!

It also depends on where the tear occurred. The tendon actually starts at the ankle and goes almost to the knee (backside). So location is crucial.!

For those interested, special teams stats of 2011 (by the way Thomas Davis hasn't played on special teams since 2007).

Kenny Onatolu: 15 tackles

Jason Williams: 15 tackles

Haruki Nakamura: 13 tackles

Mike Tolbert: 12 tackles

Jordan Senn: 11 tackles

Do you have Davis's number when he played as rookie?

Do you have Davis's number when he played as rookie?

A very solid 10 special teams tackles.

If RR, Hurney, TDavis or anyone wants Davis to have a chance of making a come back, he better be a situational player. Don't even wanna talk yet about him beating out Anderson. I think we all know who's the starting three are already.

Actually we don't know he the starting three are. As RR said the only position with no competition is long snapper. That being said, I understand your point of view. May the best man win.

I don't think Davis came back from a third surgery to be a special teams player.

I heard Reed say today that TD will probably play 15-20 defensive snaps a game.

1 person likes this

lets use him as a DT

he's done it before. he rotated in a handful of times during the 2006 season if i'm not mistaken.

he's done it before. he rotated in a handful of times during the 2006 season if i'm not mistaken.

That would be awful, one chop block and he is done forever.

ST?

I vote....................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Here is what I think. We obviously seem set at LB, even though Davis might be better than Anderson, my Stats class taught me that Davis has a larger chance to get injured if we use him more often.

Make sense so far?

So here is what I propose RR..

Use Davis in special packages as a safety/linebacker hybrid, kind of what he came in to do when he was a rookie.

Remember we basically drafted him to spy on Vick and it worked (to some extent).

There is no doubt Davis still has speed so why not use it to our full advantage. Because lets face it, Davis will not make it 16 games as a three down linebacker, call me whatever you want, a non-fan, a cynical betch, but this is what I believe and my pre-med background backs me up.

And he MUST be used on ST...remember his rookie year he ended someones career on kickoff coverage. Not that we are looking for that, but you get the point.

I just think we should prolong him as a player and get some benefit out of it...and Martin could use the rest too ; )

Premed? Go be a good lil sheep and promote your flu shot. Fug you dude and your medical books. They mean jack crap when will power and men like Davis create their own destiny based on what they believe

That would be awful, one chop block and he is done forever.

yeah there's no way in hell.

TD's ability when he's on the field is well worth the roster spot and the measures taken to prolong his usefulness. he's that good.

let some sixth-round third-string blighter fighting his ass off to stay on the team make the body-sacrificing stops.

Premed? Go be a good lil sheep and promote your flu shot. Fug you dude and your medical books. They mean jack crap when will power and men like Davis create their own destiny based on what they believe

how has his will power worked for him in the past?

and medicine is a joke..I doubt Davis thinks that seeing as how they have reconstructed his ACL three times.

enough is enough "bro"

When you look at how many players get injured on special teams as a function of number of plays compared to normal linebacker plays, you would never advocate for your best players to be on special team particularly kick off coverage and punt coverage. If you want to limit his potential for injury you don't put him on special teams, you use him on passing downs which is less impactful than diving into a pile on third and short or getting cut from the side or back on a run play. Or you have him blitz from the edge where he can see who is coming at him.

Truth is that in the end if you play not to get hurt, that is exactly what will happen. You have to play your game and hope for the best. But I can surely see easing him into things.