#31 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,701 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

I couldn't of said it better myself. To be honest, there isn't much to choose from sports bar wise besides that in Wilmo.

I grew up in Wilmington, moved away for college in '93. I can't remember a sports bar in Wilmington. My old coach used to own Dawg's Bar off Eastwood. Used to be a Brew Thru across the street. We used to go to Rock-I-la Cafe to watch games Lol.

#32 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

So here's the thing about this bar. It's not currently open on Sundays, but if I can get a Panthernation Contingent in there every week, and can guarantee a midday sunday crowd, I can convince the owner to let me open for gamedays.

#33 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I grew up in Wilmington, moved away for college in '93. I can't remember a sports bar in Wilmington. My old coach used to own Dawg's Bar off Eastwood. Used to be a Brew Thru across the street. We used to go to Rock-I-la Cafe to watch games Lol.

They changed that to a Kick Back Jacks. Its better than the poo house (Ale House) but I got a bad feeling on Sundays its gonna be packed full of bandwagoners now (seems to be the hot spot to go for games in Wilmington). Also SCP, if you ever came down to Wilmington, I would take you to Cape Fear Wine and Beer downtown. Phenomenal selection of beer.

#34 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

So here's the thing about this bar. It's not currently open on Sundays, but if I can get a Panthernation Contingent in there every week, and can guarantee a midday sunday crowd, I can convince the owner to let me open for gamedays.

I'm down, as long as I can bring my boy that's a Steeler's fan (hes from Pa) and the food isn't awful.

#35 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

I'm down, as long as I can bring my boy that's a Steeler's fan (hes from Pa) and the food isn't awful.

Private bar, technically, so no food. But you can order domino's or other food to the bar.

#36 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Private bar, technically, so no food. But you can order domino's or other food to the bar.

Sounds good. Sure we won't mind that.

#37 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,701 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:16 AM

They changed that to a Kick Back Jacks. Its better than the poo house (Ale House) but I got a bad feeling on Sundays its gonna be packed full of bandwagoners now (seems to be the hot spot to go for games in Wilmington). Also SCP, if you ever came down to Wilmington, I would take you to Cape Fear Wine and Beer downtown. Phenomenal selection of beer.

I'm down there from time to time to visit family but it's always with wife and kids in tow. Biscuit has been trying to get me to golf for a few years now. It's tough to go out when you are only there for a few days to visit family.

#38 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:17 AM

Sounds good. Sure we won't mind that.

Well come down Friday with your friend and check it out for the game. See what you think and if I can promise a crowd on Sundays, I'm sure that I can talk my owner into letting me open , at least for game hours, come the start of regular season.

#39 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

I'm down there from time to time to visit family but it's always with wife and kids in tow. Biscuit has been trying to get me to golf for a few years now. It's tough to go out when you are only there for a few days to visit family.

No worries man, totally understandable.

#40 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Floppin..I used to go in there all the time when I worked in Brunswick County.

Now I rarely go over the bridge....live on the North side of town.

The reason Wilmington doesn't have a "Panthers" bar, is we are kinda known as fair weather fans, and are a pretty young fan base when compared to a lot of the rest of the NFL. Also there is always tons of poo to do as the weather never gets all that bad here, unlike Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

#41 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

Well come down Friday with your friend and check it out for the game. See what you think and if I can promise a crowd on Sundays, I'm sure that I can talk my owner into letting me open , at least for game hours, come the start of regular season.

I might come out Friday, but he damn sure won't. Not for a Panthers preseason game.

#42 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,700 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

I am considering opening another place though....I have been out of the ownership phase of my life for about 3 years, and am getting the itch to do it again.

I want a place that is sports enough for weirdos to wear their jerseys on gameday, but nice enough for the ladies to want to come in the door.

Have things like best sandwiches and wings in town, with two or three nights a week having a killer seafood special caught fresh from NC waters....

Just rambling here, but it's been on my mind for a little while.

#43 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,701 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Floppin..I used to go in there all the time when I worked in Brunswick County.

Now I rarely go over the bridge....live on the North side of town.

The reason Wilmington doesn't have a "Panthers" bar, is we are kinda known as fair weather fans, and are a pretty young fan base when compared to a lot of the rest of the NFL. Also there is always tons of poo to do as the weather never gets all that bad here, unlike Cleveland and Pittsburgh.

Also, Wilmington is not full of pasty, stretch mark covered, hot wing stealing, sweaty fat women like Cleveland and Pittsburgh. So there is that too.

#44 WilmyWood

WilmyWood

• ALL-PRO
  • 385 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hah...You moved away the same year I moved here. Thinking of the Brew Thru sparked a memory of a hot blonde that used to work there.

#45 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I am considering opening another place though....I have been out of the ownership phase of my life for about 3 years, and am getting the itch to do it again.

I want a place that is sports enough for weirdos to wear their jerseys on gameday, but nice enough for the ladies to want to come in the door.

Have things like best sandwiches and wings in town, with two or three nights a week having a killer seafood special caught fresh from NC waters....

Just rambling here, but it's been on my mind for a little while.

With a good selection of beer that place could work out very well. Determines the location, of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com