Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TruCatzFan

Legit Topic: for those over evaluaters out there...

29 posts in this topic

Look...my main beef isn't with Cam or even with the outcome of the game. My issue is that we got pretty much dominated by the Texans throughout this game, team energy was laughable, and no one stood out at DL or DB (except perhaps in a negative light). It seemed like one of the least productive practice games I've ever seen. We had the ball for 22 minutes in a 60 minute game. They ran 23 more plays than we did. How in the HELL are we supposed to establish game speed reaction, rhythm, and chemistry when our players only get a 22 minute walkthrough-like experience?

I thought it was WAY too nonchalant by the coaching staff. You can't tell me that part of RR's strategy was to see how his offense reacts to NOT HAVING THE BALL!

They ran the ball 39 times. We ran it 14. They ran nearly 25 total plays more than us. That tells me everything I need to know about where this team is right now. If they fired McDermott today I would say it was too late! Special teams was absolutely atrocious (so what if Adams can switch fields and break a few tackles every now and then).

Also, while we're on the subject...Cam did not do poo with the ball, play calling notwithstanding.

gallery_3_8_188573.jpg

4 people like this

The 2008 Detroit Lions went 4-0 in the preseason. Care to guess their regular season record? 0-16.

Wow @ Achilles.

Nothing more hilarious than coming back to teh huddle after a preseason game

QFT

Cam does do one thing consistently no matter what type of game it is, and that is he throws the ball high.

He has to work on that, and he'll have plenty of time since he is only just starting his second season.

What bothers me was the energy displayed by the team. You'd think they'd be hungry it being the first game, at home, with high expectations on the season, and they'd be on fire. Cam looked like he was playing on ambien. Stew came to play but that's just because he got his payday. Dwill ran uninspired like he usually does until October. None of the receivers felt like catching either. Overall, i was disappointed in the intensity they displayed, especially after hearing Rivera getting on them for the same crap during practice.

But it's not worth freaking out over unless they still look languid in game 3

What bothers me was the energy displayed by the team. You'd think they'd be hungry it being the first game, at home, with high expectations on the season, and they'd be on fire. Cam looked like he was playing on ambien. Stew came to play but that's just because he got his payday. Dwill ran uninspired like he usually does until October. None of the receivers felt like catching either. Overall, i was disappointed in the intensity they displayed, especially after hearing Rivera getting on them for the same crap during practice.

wtf_5487211_480x300.jpg

1 person likes this

Don't the Patriots typically lose all of their preseason games?

Don't the Patriots typically lose all of their preseason games?

The Colts with Manning did just about every year.

Why would you want our RBs running full steam in a game that is irrelevant?

God you people that take the preseason seriously need to stick your tampons back in and wait for the ride we will be on come week 1, when we actually plan and attack instead of calling basic plays.

Anyone who is bitching about last nights game is entirely clueless about the point of pre season. the pre season is strictly for the coaches, they are looking at very specific traits of the guys who are fighting it out for the last few roster spots. the only reason starters play at all is just to get back into the feel of football.

Why would you want our RBs running full steam in a game that is irrelevant?

God you people that take the preseason seriously need to stick your tampons back in and wait for the ride we will be on come week 1, when we actually plan and attack instead of calling basic plays.

Ron Rivera said he was disappointed in the team's effort as well. He takes it seriously so maybe you should try to tell hi what to do with his tampons. Tell it to Newton and Stewart while you are at it because they too said they were not happy with the effort.

Don't care if it's the preseason game or what. When we practice half assed and then play a game assed , especially our first showing in months, you have to understand it's disheartening to a lot of people who have Ryan Kalil type expectations