Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Passing to set up the best run game in the league

19 posts in this topic

Posted

And I'm going to remind you, whenever we're down in a game, our receivers are covered, and Cam hits Stew or Tolbert in the flat who then runs to pick up the first, how you, in August, doubted the efficacy our backfield.

Running backs are receivers too, you must remember.

is this such an elusive ability that only our backs possess?

Posted

People just Shutup and watch.

Who cares. A win win situation.

We do good this season, great for us. We do bad, high pick and Draft will be much funner.

Posted

I don't know why some people want to completely write off a dominant ground game. You can control clock and you can beat up a defense. Tolbert is not playing running back and I don't think he will steal that many carries from double trouble. Having that two headed monster is valuable. If one goes down, we don't miss a beat because they are both talented and the other can step up.

Yes it is a pass first league. But when you average 5 yd a carry, you're that much better on offense.

1 person likes this

Posted

People just Shutup and watch.

Who cares. A win win situation.

We do good this season, great for us. We do bad, high pick and Draft will be much funner.

No THAT is a good attitude! haha

Posted

We can tone down the passing game from last year and be a very well balanced offense

we "toned" down the pass game after week 6 last year

Posted

You talk down to us like we are 8 year olds watching our first game EVER.

some people sound like they are 8 year old kids who have just watched their first game, ever.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sadly, what many here and the experts fail to realize is that this league is cyclical. This is a passing league now, but very well may be a running league in 3-5 years. Teams adjust and the smart ones do it early.

The way I see it, the Carolina Panthers are building an offense that will be able to exploit a strong pass defense. A defense that is solid against the pass will need to field a group of guys that are quick and in most instances smaller/more adaptable to covering tight ends and slot receivers.

Meanwhile, we are building an offense that can pound that type of team into the ground and control clock, thus doing two things: Physically wearing that type of defense out, while also playing a type of defense against the other offense by keeping that pass happy offense off the field and disrupting rythmn and flow.

Not to mention, our passing game is already pretty good and we can play that type of game as well.