• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Does anyone think its possible Davis puts his knee woes behind him for good after good rehab and Dr.Andrews doing the surgery?

#12 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

You say that as if you have some fasinating insight. Everyone is ready to see what TD can do. They may limit him. Or they may run him to death and see how he responds. We have to find out if he can play. Let him run around for three quarters and see how he responds the next few days.

The longer Beast is out, the more important TD becomes. We have to see him play quite a bit in the next few weeks. If he can hold up, we are good to go. If he falters, we found out early.

I would not count TD out just yet.

What? I haven't counted TD out. If anything I'm optimistic.

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• LocationSC
SUPPORTER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

Does anyone think its possible Davis puts his knee woes behind him for good after good rehab and Dr.Andrews doing the surgery?

I don't.

I'm just hoping he can stay healthy enough to play effectively in a reserve role.

Sadly, I think his days as a starter are over.

#14 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Not me.

I am prepared to witness and incredibly heart breaking and sad event. TD has the heart and work ethic you almost can only dream of when it comes to playing football. But his body told him no a long time ago.....he just won't listen.

Gantt said it best....he likely is too fast and explosive for his own body. The human body isn't suppose to do what these guys do on Sunday. Unfortunately it is only a matter of time IMO. Very minimal reps is his best shot of completing a full season....any constant role I just don't see happening.

#15 Snake

Snake

Rivera did What???

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

I will be interesting to see how and where they use Davis.

#16 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

So you would rather have Davis possibly get injured as a starter this season or have him be the number 1 back-up in the league at OLB at the league veteran minimum wage?

injuries are injuries. Ya play your best guys.

#17 panther4life

panther4life

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

U do realize that he started at MLB vs Dolphins right? They had Jason Phillips as MLB for broadcast, but it was def Keuchly.

Plus it's his natural position, so not much of a learning curve there.

We were in an actual "4-3" set twice, maybe 3 times in the first half. Those times that we did run a "4-3" set Phillips was the Middle Linebacker.

90% Of the first half we played in a nickel set and Phillips was not on the field for those. So what you were seeing was 2 down linebackers and 3 corners, where Kuechly was in between the third corner(Munnerlyn) and the other linebacker on the field.

We also ran some 3-4 looks where Kuechly slid inside, but technically speaking he was not the Middle linebacker.

#18 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSpartanburg, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:45 PM

We were in an actual "4-3" set twice, maybe 3 times in the first half. Those times that we did run a "4-3" set Phillips was the Middle Linebacker.

90% Of the first half we played in a nickel set and Phillips was not on the field for those. So what you were seeing was 2 down linebackers and 3 corners, where Kuechly was in between the third corner(Munnerlyn) and the other linebacker on the field.

We also ran some 3-4 looks where Kuechly slid inside, but technically speaking he was not the Middle linebacker.

I love how you throw out numbers to make your points. Me... never felt comfortable throwing around numbers.

90% or first have plays were nickel sets. Only ran a 4-3 maybe 3 times. I know you are just trying to make a point, but you cannot just make stuff up. It is just not fair, or right. Just busting your chops.

I agree that we used quite a few looks on D last week. 8, 9, and even 10 in the box which I saw twice. I love the versitility we showed.

Maybe all those looks were to protect Phillips? Give him some confidence and not overwhelm him? Or just get him off the field in passing situations?

#19 panthers34

panthers34

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

keep him at weak side

#20 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• Locationtied to your basement wall
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

As long as he is on the field, I couldn't care less where he was. He is going to be a tackling machine no matter what position he is in. I would rather Davis not start. Just rotate in every couple of plays. But Whatevs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users