36 replies to this topic

#11 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationGreenville, SC
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

I think you underestimating our O. Smith not being there hurts absolutely, but we have weapons

With that being said, there's no need to a have any type of breakdown over a preseason game unless we flat out just look terrible. Just remember defenses get tired, so if the offense not helping them they will get tired

sounds like you might be the first one to post about the season being over. we should kill them, but their D is still great, and at the same time we are showing nothing on offense. I would not be surprised if their QBs light us up just because that's the way things happen. No Smith will really hurt.

#12 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Smith being out is a good thing methinks. We have the rest of the receiving corps that needs to be sorted out. If any of our latter guys are able to get separation on cromartie or revis they probably deserve a spot on the team.

#13 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

sounds like you might be the first one to post about the season being over. we should kill them, but their D is still great, and at the same time we are showing nothing on offense. I would not be surprised if their QBs light us up just because that's the way things happen. No Smith will really hurt.

I'm not understand what you're trying to say? We're going to get our asses handed to us Sunday?

#14 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

No such thing as a preseason statement game.

With that kind of expectation, you will only be disappointed.

This, being the third preseason game, which the starters play the longest, is the most exciting of the preseason games.

#15 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

No such thing as a preseason statement game.

With that kind of expectation, you will only be disappointed.

This, being the third preseason game, which the starters play the longest, is the most exciting of the preseason games.

it is the most exciting but it is still pointless.
coaches arent calling plays to win the game, they are looking at very specific things out of specific players that we really cant see when watching.

even if we get whooped but say the game fully solidifies who we are playing at certain positions (cb #2, the whole WR mess, mclain's backup, etc) then it's a victory in the coaches eyes.

#16 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

coaches arent calling plays to win the game, they are looking at very specific things out of specific players that we really cant see when watching.

even if we get whooped but say the game fully solidifies who we are playing at certain positions (cb #2, the whole WR mess, mclain's backup, etc) then it's a victory in the coaches eyes.

Well said. I think the coaches want the execution on the field and nothing says success like a higher score than your opponent, but still, this is preseason and they are really looking at the game(s) within the game: Specifically, I think they will be watching:

1. WR without Smith. With him being out someone has to step up. That means the guy battling for #3 will need to be able to step up and become a #2. This should weed out the pretenders.

2. Defense with Thomas Davis. I think they will be evaluating him and for that reason may hold back on some of the play calling

3. Who is our #2 corner.

4. Who is our kicker/punter

5. How do the starters respond to half time adjustments.

6. 1st Cuts: The final 1 1/2 quarters will be spent determining who survives first cuts and who doesn't have a job Monday afternoon.

#17 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Its primetime preseason or not - and we will get to see our starters for a while - that in itself is reason to celebrate for me - I dont even remember our last prime time game.

#18 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• LocationGalveston
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

exactly

#19 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

1. No injuries

2. Less penalties

3. May Mare fold like cheap lawnchair to decide the kicker spot

#20 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

As another poster said, as long as we come out healthy, it's a win.

That said, if we can move the ball well on a stout Jets D, it should give us a lot of confidence headed into the regular season. No predictions from this quarter other than it's going to be fun to watch the guys in primetime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users