Photo
- - - - -

Go Topless Day: Is America Ready For Topless Sunbathing?

• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

Poll: Topless Beaches (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Cities and states set aside land for special interest groups like municipal golf courses. Should parts of beaches be set aside for topless sunbathing?

1. Yes, I believe in freedom and special topless sunbathing areas should be marked with signs and created. (7 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. No, I don't feel special areas should be set aside for topless sunbathing even if clearly marked. (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

3. I believe in equality. Anywhere men can go topless, women should be allowed to go topless too. (18 votes [64.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

4. No, keep topless women behind closed doors. (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

Sunday, August 26th, marks the 5th anniversary of Go Topless Day. This day reminds women to try topless sunbathing and marks the 41st anniversary of Women's Equality Day. Many people forget it was illegal for American women to vote until August 26th, 1920. They had to protest and fight for their right to be treated like men and vote.

Do you think topless sunbathing is wrong? Well back in the 1930's, American prudes in positions of power thought the idea of a man taking off his shirt at a beach in the US was out of line and immoral.

Yes, the politicians and preachers in that backwards era felt they had to impose their own personal prejudices and agendas by making it illegal for men to be shirtless in public. They wrongly said they had a civic and/or godly duty to protect women and children from the sight of men's bare chests.

These prudes of course were wrong and out of touch with the average citizen. Thousands of men started protesting shirtless at the beaches on the east coast in the mid 1930's. Hundreds were arrested. But, by the late 1930's, politicians and judges had matured and realized it was not shameful or ungodly to see a man at the beach without a shirt.

See more here:

http://www.huffingto..._b_1827990.html

#2 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

women should be able to go topless wherever men are able to go topless

#3 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,106 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:43 PM

women should be able to go topless wherever men are able to go topless

What you are proposing is at least a few steps beyond what the writer was proposing.

It would be a matter of taking the bad with the good to have breasts exposed in all the same locations we currently view men without a shirt on.

In the future the opposition to women being topless will likely seem as prudish as we now view the attitudes towards men being topless on the beach in the 1930s.

#4 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

This is only a big deal when people make it a big deal. There are many areas of the country that being topless in public is perfectly legal.

For example, Ashville, North Carolina.

#5 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

my only concern is that i'm not sure that every dude would be able to act appropriately

see: every regular contributor in the lovely ladies section

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,596 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:14 AM

We've had this discussion several times in the lounge, but never in the tinderbox that I recall...

A couple of things... obviously the general american perception of nudity is skewed compared to pretty much the rest of the world, we're generally more prudish about such things... even with something as innocuous as a woman breast feeding her kids seems to cause an uproar. Women should have the right to go topless if they want to, I have no problem with it.

The only negative side with that for men that like women is that not all breasts, and in fact most of them, aren't the perky nice ones... so you gotta take the bad with the good.

I'm sure there are lots of women that would like to tan topless, but I'm curious as to how many women would like to be able to go topless in general... I know my wife hates going without a bra, as do a lot of women with medium and large breasts because they bounce and hurt them when they're trying to do things...

...oh and Cantrell, I've told you before man, it's ok if you don't like women's breasts... no one here is judging you.

#7 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Women should enjoy the same rights as men to choose not to wear a shirt.

Wanna cut the grass or garden topless? Go ahead.
Wanna wash the car topless? Be my guest.
Fishing and swimming topless? Seems like a crime any other way.

And no they shouldn't be restricted to special titty zones.

#8 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,328 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:07 AM

The issue is that they attach that sexual stigma to women's breasts when they were never sexual to begin with. Some women can't even feed their children because they get the "omg that's so gross" bull poo.

#9 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,540 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:39 AM

if this is the first step toward being able to bare secondary sexual body parts in public, me and my assless chaps will be waiting patiently over there>>>

#10 Tarheel31

Tarheel31

cynical pessimist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

Going topless is a great way to make new friends!
With me anyway, not so much with my wife.

If you have the right to go topless... I have the right to parade around with a boner.
These 2 things are inexorably linked.

#11 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Just please not at Walmart.

#12 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

This is only a big deal when people make it a big deal. There are many areas of the country that being topless in public is perfectly legal.

For example, Ashville, North Carolina.

It is not just Asheville.....going topless is legal in ALL of North Carolina. The Indecency Law in NC only pertains to private areas below the waist.

#13 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:21 PM

The only negative side with that for men that like women is that not all breasts, and in fact most of them, aren't the perky nice ones... so you gotta take the bad with the good.

I'm sure there are lots of women that would like to tan topless, but I'm curious as to how many women would like to be able to go topless in general... I know my wife hates going without a bra, as do a lot of women with medium and large breasts because they bounce and hurt them when they're trying to do things...

Exactly.....most of the women who would go topless are the ones that you don't really want to see topless.

#14 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

sort of like how when women go to the beach they have to deal with the fact that many men are short and fat...so they gotta take the bad with the good

seriously dude women don't want to go topless at the beach for your entertainment and poo like this is actually pretty disgusting but i'm sure you're totally oblivious to how fuging creepy you come across

#15 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

Exactly.....most of the women who would go topless are the ones that you don't really want to see topless.

this is what's called throwing stones in a glass house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.