Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Murphy's our #3

45 posts in this topic

Posted

Lafell and Murphy are both no.2 wrs.

Both will average 500-800 yds and 4-6 tds each.

People who believes Lafell will have a spectacular season this year will be upset.

Posted

I miss Gettis. :( Tutu is the new Naanee.

2 people like this

Posted

I miss Gettis. :( Tutu is the new Naanee.

Can't wait for him to get back... With Smitty, LaFell, Gettis, and Murphy as our top 4, that'll be beastmode.

I just don't see how Tutu is going to stick when we have to keep Pilares and Adams after that.

It's nothing against him, but he just seems big and "clunky" for the lack of a better word. His route running looked pretty pathetic tonight and he's dropped most everything that hit him.

Posted

Tutu is a worse version of Sha-nae-nae. Cut him.

4 people like this

Posted

Lafell and Murphy are both no.2 wrs.

Both will average 500-800 yds and 4-6 tds each.

People who believes Lafell will have a spectacular season this year will be upset.

So you don't believe any of them will step up to be take the #1 role if Smith somehow, god forbid of course, goes down on injury?

I thought they did an exceptional job with what they did. Olsen, LaFell, Murphy were good by themselves. Now imagine if the offense wasn't holding back so much. I think we'll be fine. Cam makes everyone look great apart from them being good too.

1 person likes this

Posted

His route running looked pretty pathetic tonight and he's dropped most everything that hit him.

Agree. At least 2 of Cam's "misses" tonight were due to sloppy route running by Tutu. Add in the throw deep, when Tutu pulled up on the play, realized Cam had thrown it, and tried to get back into the play. It would have been a tough catch anyway as he was doubled, but you have to at least run the route fully.

It was a really poor performance.

2 people like this

Posted

So you don't believe any of them will step up to be take the #1 role if Smith somehow, god forbid of course, goes down on injury?

I thought they did an exceptional job with what they did. Olsen, LaFell, Murphy were good by themselves. Now imagine if the offense wasn't holding back so much. I think we'll be fine. Cam makes everyone look great apart from them being good too.

I don't think that's what he meant. I could be wrong, but I took it as saying that both are good enough to be number 2 receivers on this team. Hence, equal stats. That LaFell wouldn't have a true breakout year, because Murphy will be pushing him for playing time, in a good way...

That sounds way more confusing than it does in my head... :huh:

Posted

he should be on the first team. dude has shown nothing but raw ability. i can only remember seeing him miss one catch.

he seems to be a good YAC guy as well.

Posted

Murphy did some good things, athletic guy w/nice speed.

Posted

The reverse play was nice.

Posted

here is an example of someone taking advantage of their opportunities, as opposed to that tutu guy.

Posted

If Smitty ever go down, Lafell is "not" the man who's going to step up. Saying if Smitty ever go down, I'm telling you Olsen will be the main target for Cam. Lafell is not a special talented receiver. The best he will ever be is a no.2 WR. I do not love Lafell as much as a lot of people on this board does.

Smitty didn't play last night and you see who was the best target? Olsen. You dnt want Lafell being the no.1 having to try and win a game against a Revis or Cromartie. Lafell wasn't terrible last night but the dude best catch probably came against Kyle Wilson.