Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob Chudzinski

51 posts in this topic

Posted

chud is overrated?

ugh....

we don't need no stinking OC. we've got cam.

we don't need no stinking RBs. we got cam.

we don't need no stinking D. we got cam.

Posted

chud is overrated?

ugh....

Saying Chud is overrated on this board doesn't mean he isn't a dang good OC. Cam Newton has literally walked onto 3 teams in 3 years and dominated....there is a reoccurring theme there.

Those saying we should pay Chud more than Rivera and giving Chud all the credit for Cam's success are going overboard. Lots of OCs would look GREAT with Cam, Smitty, Double Trouble and our Pro Bowl lead OL. QB driven league....not an OC driven league. People for some odd reason want to flip that in Carolina.

Posted

chud is overrated?

ugh....

I hope this is a sarcastic post.... But given some of your past ignorant comments you probably believe this

post-12961-0-05015900-1346422140_thumb.j

Posted

Cam is Cam. You must not watch college football. The QB before cam sucked, qb after cam sucked worse, Malzahn looks like genius with cam, and looked like a genius at Tulsa & Arkansas.

Sometimes it a combination of player and Coach, Chud most likely recommended Tutu, and Nannee. That surely didn't make him a genius. Chud didn't convince Steve Smith to stay, Cam did. Lots of variables. Clausen sure doesn't make Chud look like a genius. I saw plenty of 3rd and 4th string backups this pre-season that had higher completion percentages and more td's. Andy Reid is the only coach that I have seen that can take about any QB and make them look good, or better than they really are. If he gets fired this year, I'd love to have him as an OC or possibly Norv Turner. Heck Shula might do a nice job he's been a head coach before.

Posted

this is similar to the who are we going to draft in 2013 thread....

Posted

I think Chud is a good OC...but giving him all the credit for Cam's success is borderline stupid. Also not giving credit to Rivera is the same as putting all the blame on Fox. We are 1 bad offensive year away from Chud being overated/stupid.

Exact opposite for McDermot, he was given 5 toothpicks, a rubberband , and some bubble gum and told to build a 3 bedroom house with it. Players make plays. Coaches coach. When you have a player who can run the play perfectly or even better than a coach in visions then you have success. Brees/Sean Peyton , Belichek/Brady, Peyton Manning/Whomever he coaches, it feeds off each other. Look at the Baltimore defense. Different defensive coaches...same good defense.

Posted

I hope this is a sarcastic post.... But given some of your past ignorant comments you probably believe this

yes it was sarcasm and meanie.jpg

Posted

I don't know how well this would work, seeing as norv is used to sbeing riveras boss

They're familiar working with each other and have had success together. Chud runs the same offense as Nov.

Posted

NOrv turner has always been a more succesful OC than head coach

Posted

Yes, because coaches calling plays are exactly why teams wins games. Its about knowing your players and their strengths, period.

Posted

Yes, because coaches calling plays are exactly why teams wins games. Its about knowing your players and their strengths, period.

Which came first, the chicken or egg...

Did we win in 2008 bc Jeff Davidson was calling great plays and taking advantage of opponents. Or was DeAngelo Williams simply in his prime beasting on people and Steve Smith was simply Steve Smith with predictable and weak play calling? Players making plays

Posted

We had a predictable run first philosophy as always under Foxy in 2008... but we also had a sick nasty offensive line and 2 sick nasty RBs.