Photo
- - - - -

Is Penn State's performance against Ohio indicative of what the Saints** will do?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JJT

JJT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

Team hobbled by sanctions with a new head coach implodes in the second have and blows an 11 point halftime lead.

#2 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Kind of a stretch. NO didn't have the roster turnover PSU had. They could just as easily channel the Spygate Pats and go roughshod.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,397 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

I hope their implosion is far bigger.

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

i wouldn't be surprised to see something similar. people aren't giving payton enough credit for what he does with that offense and they are giving brees too much credit.

i expect they'll start off strong but as the game goes on and teams start to adapt they won't be able to keep up.

#5 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Penn State doesn't have a Drew Brees

#6 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

If we come out of the Tampa game healthy, I like our chances in the home opener. I think the early season heat/humidity will be a big factor. No air conditioned Super Dome for the "Aints defense come the 4th qtr.

#7 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,974 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 02 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

Kind of a stretch. NO didn't have the roster turnover PSU had. They could just as easily channel the Spygate Pats and go roughshod.

This. PSU lost starters and playmakers at many positions via transfer. They played better than I thought they would in the 1H and worse than I thought they would in the 2H.

#8 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,313 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

No.

Not saying that the Saints* won't struggle, they might. But the two situations are not really comparable. New Orleans offense is mostly intact.

#9 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

the issue is going to be in management, play calling, game time adjustments, etc. i think they'll have a solid game plan to start off and will try to score early and often but if it turns into a shoot out or some other team controls the tempo or the game then they are in trouble if a team gets them figured out i seriously doubt that they can handle it.

if they are anywhere close to as dominant as they were then something is wrong. either payton is really involved or payton has made himself obsolete and unnecessary.

if that team hits a rough spots and loses a couple games back to back that could very well cause a downward spiral. i'm just not sure they have the leadership there to pull themselves out and if they do then, again, payton may have become irrelevant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.