65 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

It's true. Is it significant in any way?

It was something that stood out to me when listening to his speech as something that has little relevance. But it does fly in the face of those who think having a democrat in office makes businesses worry simply because there's a democrat in office(yes, I have heard this arugment).

It doesn't fly in the face of that sentiment. More jobs is bad for business, it costs them money to hire people. Business is best when they are free to hire no one and fug over the people, hence why having GOP in office is better for business than Dem.

#32 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Rodeo, brilliant as ever.

#33 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

rodeo is, in my opinion, the smartest person in these here threads. What he just said makes a ton of sense. There's one party that would do away with the minimum wage, would let these people go without affordable health care, take the teeth out of OSHA, etc. And none of those things would be done so more people would get hired.

#34 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Haha you mean the teleprompter's statement on job creation

#35 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

rodeo is, in my opinion, the smartest person in these here threads. What he just said makes a ton of sense. There's one party that would do away with the minimum wage, would let these people go without affordable health care, take the teeth out of OSHA, etc. And none of those things would be done so more people would get hired.

Yeah right. How many small business owners do you know? I deal with them every day. They all hate Obama. They all say his policies suck the joy and life out of creating your own business. What do they know? Clearly people having jobs and money to spend is BAD for business.

Go back to college and try again.

#36 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yeah right. How many small business owners do you know? I deal with them every day. They all hate Obama. They all say his policies suck the joy and life out of creating your own business. What do they know? Clearly people having jobs and money to spend is BAD for business.

I believe rodeo is a business owner.

He's joyful.

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yes, having to pay people a living wage could suck all the joy and life out of creating a business I suppose.

#38 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

(and resurrected)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Epic reading comp fail.

Perhaps you should take your own advice?

#39 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

The most successful businessmen of the Industrial Age hired security companies to threaten and kill anyone who dared fight for better treatment, owned the towns and stores where there workers lives so they could pay in scrip and take their money back, and gave not a whit about things like safety.

They were doing just great until pesky government regulations took the joy and fun out of being an industrialist.

#40 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

The most successful businessmen of the Industrial Age hired security companies to threaten and kill anyone who dared fight for better treatment, owned the towns and stores where there workers lives so they could pay in scrip and take their money back, and gave not a whit about things like safety.

They were doing just great until pesky government regulations took the joy and fun out of being an industrialist.

See? There were lots of classes AFTER the Industrial Age. Go back. Read. Get laid.

Okay, read anyways.

#41 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,394 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:40 PM

large companies do want to hire if the recipes are right. you don't think banks want a larger wallet share? can't get that if nobody is pushing widgets.

they get 1 person to do the work of 3 for sure but they prefer the water to flow and have a good problem of managing.

i have consulted too many large companies for their treasury and cash flow to think they prefer to just sit there and gorge.

if the thinking is they think hiring is bad for biz, then it makes complete sense why you would want a bigger govt.

#42 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,705 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Yes, having to pay people a living wage could suck all the joy and life out of creating a business I suppose.

what's a living wage...........dollar wise??

I hear this all the time and would like to know the answer.

#43 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,135 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:01 PM

Well it's a general term meaning "Pay your employees enough that they can live without food stamps" or something to that effect. Example: Minimum wage with no benefits is probably not a living wage.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Living_wage

Living wage is defined by the wage that can meet the basic needs to maintain a safe, decent standard of living within the community and have the ability to save for future needs and goals.[1] To meet living wage people need to make about $12.50 an hour.[citation needed] Currently the minimum wage across the US is $7.25, which is well below living wage.

#44 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,216 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

You mean the Republican small business owners you know aren't huge fans of Obama? THAT, sir, is shocking to me.

#45 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,393 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Once upon a time, there was a group of small businessmen, they hated big government and the idea of paying a living wage to their employees so much, they tried to start their own country. True story!

Posted Image

Couldn't help it, some of you on here sound just like Jefferson Davis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com