Photo
- - - - -

Clinton's statement on job creation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

What's that causative bs mmmbeans banties about?

#26 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

which BS? I sling a lot of bs around here.

*bandies

(into the black-hole I go... tell my wife I lover her."

#27 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

it almost sounds like you are suggesting that Clinton had to reach something called a compromise in order to get things done - perhaps even with people whose priority was to "make things better" not

You are correct. Clinton was able to negotiate a compromise. Obama on the other hand hasn't come close to it, and I serious doubt he will be able to manage one if he gets another 4 years, especially since there is a decent chance the republicans will take control of the Senate. At very least, they are going to gain a couple of seats.

I don't know if Romney will do any better, but he would be hard pressed to do any worse than Obama has regarding getting along with congress.

#28 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

How can Republicans possibly cooperate with a man they honestly think is going to turn the US into the USSR?

#29 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:02 PM

I don't know if Romney will do any better, but he would be hard pressed to do any worse than Obama has regarding getting along with congress.

Romney would have the distinct advantage of not dealing with the antics of the repubs in congress

#30 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Name a republican that voted for Obamacare, or do you have some other roll call vote that no one has a clue wth you're talking about.

They didn't vote for it. They just created it.

http://www.kaiserhea...eform-bill.aspx

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

It's true. Is it significant in any way?

It was something that stood out to me when listening to his speech as something that has little relevance. But it does fly in the face of those who think having a democrat in office makes businesses worry simply because there's a democrat in office(yes, I have heard this arugment).

It doesn't fly in the face of that sentiment. More jobs is bad for business, it costs them money to hire people. Business is best when they are free to hire no one and fug over the people, hence why having GOP in office is better for business than Dem.

#32 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

Rodeo, brilliant as ever.

#33 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

rodeo is, in my opinion, the smartest person in these here threads. What he just said makes a ton of sense. There's one party that would do away with the minimum wage, would let these people go without affordable health care, take the teeth out of OSHA, etc. And none of those things would be done so more people would get hired.

#34 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Haha you mean the teleprompter's statement on job creation

#35 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:10 PM

rodeo is, in my opinion, the smartest person in these here threads. What he just said makes a ton of sense. There's one party that would do away with the minimum wage, would let these people go without affordable health care, take the teeth out of OSHA, etc. And none of those things would be done so more people would get hired.

Yeah right. How many small business owners do you know? I deal with them every day. They all hate Obama. They all say his policies suck the joy and life out of creating your own business. What do they know? Clearly people having jobs and money to spend is BAD for business.

Go back to college and try again.

#36 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:27 PM

Yeah right. How many small business owners do you know? I deal with them every day. They all hate Obama. They all say his policies suck the joy and life out of creating your own business. What do they know? Clearly people having jobs and money to spend is BAD for business.

Go back to college and try again.

I believe rodeo is a business owner.

He's joyful.