• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#46 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:05 PM

Am I the only one who didn't think the 1st INT was bad? Maybe I have shades on (but considering I've constantly argued against Cam this offseason for people who overhype him, which I can acknowledge even with as much as I love him) but the ball hit the receivers chest. It was not triple coverage like people keep saying. DB just made a great play on the ball, led to a tipped ball, and Barber picks it off. It only looked like triple coverage because DBs broke on the ball quickly as soon as it was tipped. Just one of those things that happen.

I thought Newton looked terrific. 2nd interception was terrible but all in all, he is FAR from one of our worries. Or at least he should be.

#47 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:08 PM

Cams first pick hit lafell in the hands.

His second was a combination of him and the oline. It was not a great read, but the throw would have at least given smith a chance if cam had adequate room to step up.

#48 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Considering he threw for 300, his running back didnt pick up a first down all game, and his OL was non-existent...not bad.

Dude still needs to learn how to win tho...and that starts with feeling some urgency in the 4th instead of continuing to be lax.

Pretty much this

#49 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

His first pick should have been PI

#50 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

i think the world is going to end and i should kill myself.

#51 Jens

Jens

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

A little disapointed. I had high hopes for this game.

Worried about NO and NY upcoming weeks. Worst case we will be 0 - 3

#52 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

I don't love Cam anymore.

#53 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:36 AM

You are a f*cking retard.

...and you have great command of the English language.

Newton performed poorly. The team performed poorly. I gave reasons why I didn't like his performance yesterday.

If that hurt people's emotional attachment to Cam, sorry.

If Jake Delhomme had that performance yesterday, this board would have exploded

I am/was a huge Newton supporter and the people calling me absurdly a 'racist' yesterday need to go back and check the history on my posts about Newton.

Also, 'racist' is word that should not be thrown around to anyone without evidence because I questioned his ability. The two are a non-sequitor.

If a receiver has 3 people around him, odds are nothing good is going to come of that, but he made the decision anyway. He killed yet another drive with that decision Sorry. If 3 defenders are
on one receiver, odds are someone else is alone. Find that receiver and the ending is
different.

To me, a QB is someone who leads his team from behind to win, someone people believe will make it happen. That's what elite QBs do. He is elite in FF. I have him as my QB in FF. A lot different on the field were Ws matter, not stats.

Next week, the Panthers play a team that was man handled by the Redskins. Let's see how they do.

#54 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,716 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

One of his worst games and he still managed an 82 QB rating.

Compare that to Delhomme and Jimmy's worst game ratings.

#55 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:19 AM

ONLY 10 RUSHING YARDS FOR THE ENTIRE TEAM. Not good.

It's so sad to see how some of you in such denial about your team as a whole and assume a QB is simply the answer. When every team sees your QB as the most consistent threat on the team outside of maybe Smitty and do everything to stop him. Sadly, it working becaue the team seem to think Cam can do it all, that is not a good sign for your team. That sends a message that the rest of the team is being very lazy and is solely dependent on the QB to do all the work.

When Cam only has a couple of seconds to read the field before he makes a decision because the O-Line shuts down so quickly that isn't good. And FYI, that was the BIGGEST problem with the O-line last season also. It obviously didn't get fix. Maybe because so much is expected the QB and very, very little from the rest of the team.

Look how elated you were over the defense giving Josh who really wasn't playing that great, so much time in the pocket. Any other QB, and the score would have been much higher.

I have to say, as an outsider following the Panthers for a year now, the spirit of team is a lot like it's fans..Very up and down. There is no consistency in the emotions of the Panther team. So any given Sunday you don't know what you will get.

Look at the Eagles and Lions. The QBs were interception city but the TEAM helped them make the plays and pull out wins. It's clear they don't leave everything up to their QB.

#56 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

Considering the "performance" of the OL, I thought he played decent. The first INT should've been a pass interference, but it was a bad decision to throw into triple coverage. The second INT was another bad decision, but didn't really hurt us too bad since it was already 3rd and long and that INT basically equaled a 30 yard punt.

When the OL is struggling like they were today, Chud has to stop trying to be cute and call some quick hitter plays or some max protect plays to get us cranking. He called way too much slow developing bullshit today and the Bucs just kept pinning their ears back and bringing the heat.

I think you're spot on with your assessment - and was thinking the same thing. I watched Robert Griffin start the game off 7 for 7 yesterday, with almost all screens and quick passes. Those slow developing plays are too much for the o-line right now. I thought a few screens would have gone a long way in getting Cam's confidence up and our RBs going as well.

#57 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:36 AM

Oline oline oline caused the trouble today and put Cam in bad spots. Cam still tries dangerous passes when he is tied up to avoid a sack, just take the sack. Also his first pic,...there was no excuse for that throw. Reciever was completely covered. That throw hurt becuase it killed the tiny bit of momentum we had generated early in the 3rd. We never recovered after that. All in all Cam played well, but their is always 2 to 3 throws he wants back. Im not worried about him eventually he will cut out the mistakes just dont know when.

#58 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

I saw major improvement in Cam's play, despite those interceptions. So of you said Cam needs to notice his check down more, but I believe the reason why he doesn't notice them is because he still depends heavily on his athletic ability. I put this error on the coaching staff because they still have a lot of college plays in this offense. If we still have all these college plays as a main part in our offense, we won't go very far this season.

#59 MGH1989

MGH1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:42 AM

Some of you guys are amazing, do you not remember the Clausen days or the bad Jake days? Did Cam play great by any means? No. He has lapses in judgement 2 or 3 times a game that really hurts this team and leads to terrible decisions. Some of the blame has to go on him, but come on we all saw it, we could not run the ball and Chud decided to abandon the run. Cam isn't good enough right now to beat at team by himself when the offense is one dimensional.

#60 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,779 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:44 AM

Not his best day overall, though as has been said, it's hard to judge much given the poor OL performance.

Like usual, Cam's game was a mixture: moments of "wow" and moments of "whuh?". The latter get magnified when the line is underperforming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.