Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#211 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

America does not stand as a world wide light and bastion of equality and freedom. Only for those we deem necessary. If it's better for our position that a country's people are beheaded, gased, or bombed, it's A OKAY! Right G5?

#212 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

Well we know that G5 would rather support the oppression and murder of protesters and members of populist revolution if it means that we might potentially lose a middling ally. Human rights and war crimes be damned. No longer Team America World Police, it's Team America Religious Suppression Supporter. fug those brown people and their populist will, they aren't Americans after all. Amirite?!

Don't put words in my mouth. That's bush-league. As I said, there was no win-win in that situation. But everything is just flowers and lollipops in Egypt now.

Btw...I suggest you getting a travel visa there now...or any post-Arab spring country. I bet flights are cheap.

#213 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:12 AM

Don't put words in my mouth. That's bush-league. As I said, there was no win-win in that situation. But everything is just flowers and lollipops in Egypt now.

Btw...I suggest you getting a travel visa there now...or any post-Arab spring country. I bet flights are cheap.

So then, if you think that either outcome would have sucked, why bash Obama for taking either course? Unless you're going to admit your hypocrisy and agree that you would have bashed him just as equally if he had supported the Egyptian government during their revolution. It doesn't matter to you does it G5? Anything to attack that damned liberal president huh?

#214 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

I'm no Obama supporter but you would think that taking the high road and supporting the will of the people and their desire to free themselves from an "oppressive" regime would have been the desired moral course. But since G5's mortal enemy chose that direction, of course it's cause to spit vitriol!

#215 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:15 AM

what does a travel visa have to do with anything?

#216 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Remember, that I believe that all of these overthrows were contrived events started and manipulated by US interests. I'm just arguing from the position that these were completely organic uprisings since that seems to be the popular opinion.

#217 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

So then, if you think that either outcome would have sucked, why bash Obama for taking either course? Unless you're going to admit your hypocrisy and agree that you would have bashed him just as equally if he had supported the Egyptian government during their revolution. It doesn't matter to you does it G5? Anything to attack that damned liberal president huh?

I'm bashing Obama for just coming out and saying "Egypt was no longer an ally". If you need further explanation on why this is an issue...watch Mr. Engel in the NBC video I posted.

By Obama making that statement, every farking thing you just stated regarding me...applies.

#218 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Well G5, here's a newsflash. We were Allies of the old government. We have not yet become official allies of the new one. It's not like we changed our position with the seated government. They had a revolution for fugs sake. It surprises you that we didn't just automatically assume an allied position with the new one?

#219 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:20 AM

Well G5, here's a newsflash. We were Allies of the old government. We have not yet become official allies of the new one. It's not like we changed our position with the seated government. They had a revolution for fugs sake. It surprises you that we didn't just automatically assume an allied position with the new one?

"We came, we saw"... surprised we didn't hear Hillary say that regarding Mubarrak then.

In response to your question, no...you don't assume, but you sure as hell don't announce they are NOT. Where's the diplomacy in that statement.

Again...call Mr. Engel and he'll explain a nuanced approach you would take.

#220 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

wait... so obama is being diplomatic enough now?

jesus christ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users