Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EasternJ

If Joe Adams was.........

39 posts in this topic

speak for yourself. You provide nothing to this forum

I swear I have so much haters that won't get off my nutts.

Zod, can you add a "subscribe" button so my haters can follow me????

Edwards>Adams

this is literally a fact now. Adams has already hurt the team far more than Edwards ever did.

Adams should stick to returning punts for now. Let Pilares do the kickoff returns.

Adams should stick to returning punts for now. Let Pilares do the kickoff returns.

EXACTLY!!! Adams isn't good at KO returns. He runs towards the pile of blockers instead of around them. Adams has quickness, but lacks vision.

I don't know if this was brought up on TV or in all the other Joe Adams threads. But it looked like they WANTED him to field the ball. Tynes was chipping it high and short because they didn't respect his game.

EXACTLY!!! Adams isn't good at KO returns. He runs towards the pile of blockers instead of around them. Adams has quickness, but lacks vision.

Seemed to me like a case of the new kid with nerves just following what was coached to him a little too closely. "Follow the blocks, follow the blocks."

Adams probably needs to have a reduced role until he works those nerves out.

I have a feeling we'll see Armanti or Pilares back there on returns next week. Armanti's single return (granted, it wasn't a full body of work to judge from), wasn't too bad.

Adams wasn't routinely running straight into the opposition in college and preseason. The one time I remember that he did, seems like he just squirted right back out, went backwards a bit, then across the field and ripped off good yardage.

It's been said that since he became the stater, he's been coached not to do what he does best, i.e., get the ball and run wherever he sees fit. Is this true, and if so, why? Makes no sense. Let him do his thing and maybe he won't be so nervous. The way it is, he knows he's gonna get whacked. The way it was, he knew he had a chance. Nevertheless, agreed he needs to hang onto the ball.

Adams looked scared against the Giants. I'd say give him another chance but I haven't been to impressed with him. I don't like all that juking and spinning. Run, cut, cut and go.

• Topics

• And to think this guy made it through 7 rounds and not one team wanted him.  Thank God Gettleman was on his "A" game and signed him here. Amazing how talent can bypass so many scouts, coaches and GMs. If they did a redraft.   What round would he go to?  Round 1?  He's a solid of a Guard as any in this league.
    • you do realize that $1M pledge he made was after he had received a ton of backlash and outcry from the media for sitting during the national anthem? He did hold his promise and has made some other donations as well, but before he decided to sit at football games, he didn't do jack poo for oppressed communities and the homeless, or any other charities for that matter. He was just a narcissist prima dona who so happened to play for one of the most talented teams in the NFL headed by one of the greatest coaches in the NFL. Him prospering early on in his career made him a cocky SOB who dressed like a thug during press conferences and treated the media like dog poo.  Yes people change, but he changed for the wrong reasons. His career was in turmoil, he was a declining NFL QB trying to stay relevant, so he thought up a rouge to get back in the spotlight by sitting. After he received backlash, he thought to himself "oh crap, I need to back up my words with some action. let me make a few donations to show the world I truly care about what I stand for"  the dude could give a rats ass about any of that poo. He didn't even show up to vote, and I don't think he's ever voted in his life. And I don't care about voting for the president, but at least vote for your local officials and congressman and for your states propositions. If he truly wants to have a voice and use the stage he has to inflict some serious changes in this country, there's a way to go about it, not seek attention for the wrong reasons just to resurrect your career.  
    • I love Moton. The only thing that freaks me out about him is that he played for a small school. I do think he could've flourished for a big time program though.