Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedMage138

Grantland article on Hurney

56 posts in this topic

If there was a way to make the playoffs and rid ourselves of Hurney I'd be all for it. Not sure how though

Obviously is not going to happen, but lets say we don't make the playoffs (likely) I still doubt he will be shown the door.

JR has decided to sail this ship, only money will change his mind at this point.

Well we aren't making the playoffs with him anyway so what do we have to lose?

I wish I could really suck at my job for so long and still be employed.

I am starting to believe the Panthers Organization is some sort of tax shelter / dodge for JR. Otherwise, his love for Hurney just doesn't make sense to me.

Well we aren't making the playoffs with him anyway so what do we have to lose?

I wish I could really suck at my job for so long and still be employed.

No, no, no. Being employed is one thing.

Being told time and again that "the job is yours as long as you want it" is much worse IMO.

1 person likes this

This might be harsh but the Panthers will be going in one direction until the old man croaks.

We are pretty much hopeless until then.

JR is flawed horribly due to his "old school" mentality. I love the man for what he's done for us as a fan base and state in bringing us a team, but it's like your parents bought you a Nintendo when you were a kid but swore off ever buying any games for it. Add to that metaphor, you're still sitting around hoping they'll buy you Mario Bros., meanwhile your friends are already onto Segas and Playstations.

He is stuck in his ways... He likes routines. He likes the "familiar." He doesn't like change or deviation from what he knows and once he is comfortable with someone or something, he rides it until it crashes and burns.

We're stuck with Hurney fellas.

1 person likes this

Gantt's take on this article via twitter:

"Been asked about Grantland Hurney piece. I think lacks context in spots, but it's what you get when you fart in church."

"lacks context" sums up my feelings about it.

Here is some context:

Marty Hurney, employed by the Carolina Panthers organization for 12 years, 10 years as the Team's General Manager.

Has never had winning seasons back to back, and only has four winning seasons total.

If mediocrity is what you are looking for in a sports team, Marty Hurney delivers.

Marty Hurney, serving up steaming bowls of NFL mediocrity to the Carolinas since 1998

Gantt's take on this article via twitter:

"Been asked about Grantland Hurney piece. I think lacks context in spots, but it's what you get when you fart in church."

"lacks context" sums up my feelings about it.

Gantt was taking this article out piece by piece on twitter.

Gantt was taking this article out piece by piece on twitter.

Do any of his twitter responses improve our official NFL record for the last ten years?

Do any of his twitter responses improve our official NFL record for the last ten years?

I'll go with the local writer (who covered the team since the start) over the national blogger any day.