Photo
- - - - -

It's time for Derek Anderson to start.......

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Greg Schiano

Greg Schiano

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

Lol... Please... start Anderson over Newton, that sounds like a good idea.

#17 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,324 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

i can't believe this idea has actually been put forth by two different cretins on this board.

#18 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

i can't believe this idea has actually been put forth by two different cretins on this board.

Yeah, this really is crazy, what with Cam playing so well and all (even more so now).

If nothing else, if DA came in and got crushed with the same lack of protection, all the Camboys could say, "see, it wasn't Cam---he really is the best, the BEST ever and I love him".

I originally started this under the main forum and it got moved to smack. Why? I don't know--- too radical, unlike the level headed reasonable posts that get made over there.

Maybe at 2-10 this won't sound so radical.

#19 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, this really is crazy, what with Cam playing so well and all (even more so now).

If nothing else, if DA came in and got crushed with the same lack of protection, all the Camboys could say, "see, it wasn't Cam---he really is the best, the BEST ever and I love him".

I originally started this under the main forum and it got moved to smack. Why? I don't know--- too radical, unlike the level headed reasonable posts that get made over there.

And then if he sucks, we can start Clausen. And then if he sucks, we sign Vinny or St. Pierre. And then if they suck, we trade for The Golden Calf of Bristol AND draft Barkley in this draft, and then take a QB in the first round of 2014! SuperBowl baby!!

#20 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,324 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

so i guess you spent more than a month crafting this devastating response.

at 2-10 or even right now there's no reason to not continue playing cam and have him getting snaps as a starting NFL quarterback, which sadly for you and the other two or three dumbfugs on this board who are calling for derek anderson for no good reason is exactly what's going to continue happening. are we going to the playoffs if we start derek anderson? is starting him and stealing reps from cam going to help him become a better quarterback? if the answer is anything other than "no, and what kind of fuging dipshit would suggest something like that anyway?" then lol.

also the ridiculous 'SLURP SLURP I LOVE THAT THERE CAM NEWTON HE'S THE BEST QUARTERBACK WHO'S EVER PLAYED' strawman rhetoric that gets trotted out by the short bus riders who post it is old, played out, and just undermines the credibility of whatever argument you were trying to make (for the record it stands at "no credibility whatsoever"). jesus, as if the only two options in the universe are having cam's dick lodged in your throat or using your wal-mart purchased emachines to hunt and peck your way to shitty threads such as these.

#21 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

• HUDDLER
  • 9,324 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

really, what would be accomplished by benching newton for anderson? are we going to the playoffs if we start him? will we have a winning record? what in the name of hell would starting him this late in the season under a lame duck coaching staff with a new GM coming in accomplish?

"I want to spite people who like a quarterback i think sucks" isn't an adequate answer by the way.

i mean really, is anybody under the impression that anderson is some kind of great mentor who leads by example and cam could learn a lot by watching him lead the team? that seems to be the angle that was pushed in the OP. but really, what has anderson ever done to suggest that he's anything like that? do you think that starting him over newton would be valuable whatsoever for cam's development? because that's the only logical reason at all i could scrounge up for wanting to do something so absurd, and it would only make any sense if anderson has ever shown the capacity for that kind of thing ever (he hasn't).

also, any remaining opponents on our schedule would be licking their chops at the prospect of carolina doing something that ridiculously stupid. that would be such an extremely obvious, overt indicator that we were packing it in and calling it a season. it would make an easy win over a dysfunctional team even easier.

#22 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

there are a lot of things that should change for the panthers, the starting QB is not one of them.

#23 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:49 PM

lol

#24 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,123 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Lets find some people that can f*cking block and an OC that can call a pro offense and make adjustments

#25 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

really, what would be accomplished by benching newton for anderson? are we going to the playoffs if we start him? will we have a winning record? what in the name of hell would starting him this late in the season under a lame duck coaching staff with a new GM coming in accomplish?

"I want to spite people who like a quarterback i think sucks" isn't an adequate answer by the way.

i mean really, is anybody under the impression that anderson is some kind of great mentor who leads by example and cam could learn a lot by watching him lead the team? that seems to be the angle that was pushed in the OP. but really, what has anderson ever done to suggest that he's anything like that? do you think that starting him over newton would be valuable whatsoever for cam's development? because that's the only logical reason at all i could scrounge up for wanting to do something so absurd, and it would only make any sense if anderson has ever shown the capacity for that kind of thing ever (he hasn't).

also, any remaining opponents on our schedule would be licking their chops at the prospect of carolina doing something that ridiculously stupid. that would be such an extremely obvious, overt indicator that we were packing it in and calling it a season. it would make an easy win over a dysfunctional team even easier.

You aren't a very happy person are you?

#26 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,221 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

Oh these Armanti fanz

#27 EasternJ

EasternJ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:52 AM

Oh these "Panther fans" who are obsessed with hating Armanti. I'll assume you aren't smart enough to grasp the irony of calling out someone for being an "Armanti fan" at the end of a two page thread that didn't mention his name once.

#28 Hawkfanadam

Hawkfanadam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Washington

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

Yes. Please start Anderson. Go Beavers! haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.