• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

so you wouldnt take Earl Thomas or Troy Polamalu?Tony Jefferson plays similar to Earl.

i'm just looking down the road. WRs are getting bigger and TEs are becoming a bigger part of the passing game.

safeties have to be able to keep up.

if i have a choice between two safeties that don't have a whole lot of separation as far as talent is concerned and one is 5'10 and the other is 6'2 i'm going to probably go with the taller one.

it's just a preference.

#17 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,095 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Would prefer a safety that can tackle first and foremost. Then if they can cover too awesome. Also would like a safety to be a leader back there. Give me Swearinger.. please and thank you.

Tj McDonald...great in the pass and run game and he's a team captain

#18 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Tony Jefferson is listed at 5'11'.. and runs a 4.4.. hits like a ton of bricks and craves physical contact. Jefferson would be the best safety on our team straight out of the 2nd round. The guy has sideline to sideline speed and great technique in both coverage and tackling.

#19 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,304 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Tony Jefferson is listed at 5'11'.. and runs a 4.4.. hits like a ton of bricks and craves physical contact. Jefferson would be the best safety on our team straight out of the 2nd round. The guy has sideline to sideline speed and great technique in both coverage and tackling.

my favorite safety prospect right now. reminds me a lot of Earl Thomas,plays bigger than his size.

#20 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,304 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

i'm just looking down the road. WRs are getting bigger and TEs are becoming a bigger part of the passing game.

safeties have to be able to keep up.

if i have a choice between two safeties that don't have a whole lot of separation as far as talent is concerned and one is 5'10 and the other is 6'2 i'm going to probably go with the taller one.

it's just a preference.

but some guys can just get the job done, at a smaller size. Troy P, Earl T are smaller safeties but are just as physical as some of the bigger guys and can cover anybody from RBs to TEs to WRs.

#21 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

Dynamite comes in small packages. The 2 best safties of the last decade, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are 5'11' and 5'10' respectively, under 6ft tall. Tony Jefferson has that kind of ability and mentality. I hope we consider him at the top of the 2nd round. He might jump to the 1st round depending on his combine.

#22 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,304 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

i think he jumps into the 1st round.

#23 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,117 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:23 AM

I hope he doesnt jump into the first.

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,544 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

Jefferson, Lester, Elam, Swearinger and Rambo may all falls into the 2nd. Anyone of those are major major upgrade over Naka and Sherrod. May even be better than Godfrey.

I'd our FO isn't scare, take Ray Ray Armstrong the former "U". He has off field issues but the kid is a real baller and an instant play maker in the NFL.

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

but some guys can just get the job done, at a smaller size. Troy P, Earl T are smaller safeties but are just as physical as some of the bigger guys and can cover anybody from RBs to TEs to WRs.

Dynamite comes in small packages. The 2 best safties of the last decade, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu are 5'11' and 5'10' respectively, under 6ft tall. Tony Jefferson has that kind of ability and mentality. I hope we consider him at the top of the 2nd round. He might jump to the 1st round depending on his combine.

don't really want to try and catch lightning in a bottle in hoping that a smaller safety can play as big as two or three of the best small safeties in the league. that's kind of like saying that height shouldn't be a factor in a QB because brees does well.

still taking a risk getting a small safety, esp. when the guys they have to stop are getting bigger.

i just want a safety that can handle some of the big WRs and TEs they are going to have to cover and tackle and i don't trust anyone with a 5"+ deficit to be able to get the job done often enough. i mean they might be able to do it. they might be one of those ed reed/polamalu types, but how often do those guys come along?

#26 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Jefferson is having a good game. He absolutely destroyed Golson. Very physical tackler. But sometimes that gets him in trouble.

#27 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,396 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

We could really use Jefferson.. sideline to sideline speed and a very physical player, that loves to play in the box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.