uh oh.....

http://basketballrec....asp?CID=947244

#2 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:05 AM

Yep this is confirmed but multiple sources. Congrats to Kentucky, monster class.

The word around Raleigh is this was against his "inner circle" (Mom and Clifton) suggestions.

#3 Panthericulous

Panthericulous

I'm calmer than you are..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:15 AM

Yep this is confirmed but multiple sources. Congrats to Kentucky, monster class.

The word around Raleigh is this was against his "inner circle" (Mom and Clifton) suggestions.

heard the same thing about clifton, i know his mom wanted him to stay close to home... but in the big picture, in a year he will be drafted and could be playing in Oklahoma City or Milwaukee, so staying around a year to go to a school that doesnt fit his style of play would hurt...

#4 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

Bang bang!

#5 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:56 AM

Kentucky is all the way back.

Meeks will probably go pro.

#6 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

So will half of this class and Patterson after this year.

#7 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

I have heard Meek will probably come back...

#8 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

unbelievable class.....get used to it again Kentucky!! They have a chance to contend for the NC with this class if they gel quickly, but it will be tough to knock off Kansas who has more experience with their team

#9 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:11 AM

Now he just has to qualify....if he does, Kentucky may have pulled in the best class in the history of college basketball.

#10 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

Thank God he went to a non-ACC school. I was hoping that would happen all along. UK is my favorite non-ACC team (besides CofC). I am just glad all the schnangans is over for the recuritment of Wall.

Now he just has to qualify....if he does, Kentucky may have pulled in the best class in the history of college basketball.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are the best class in the history of NCAAB, but I would say in the top 25.

#11 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:44 PM

Thank God he went to a non-ACC school. I was hoping that would happen all along. UK is my favorite non-ACC team (besides CofC). I am just glad all the schnangans is over for the recuritment of Wall.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are the best class in the history of NCAAB, but I would say in the top 25.

Hard to say until you see them actually play, but consider this....

Michigan's Fab Five: Webber (2), Howard (4), Rose (6), King (8) and Jackson (60-something, I think)

Kentucky's class: Wall (1), Cousins (2), and I don't know the rest but I know Orton is way up there, plus Hood, Bledsoe and someone else...all in the top 40. Michigan called itself the Fab Five, but it was really the Fab Four. Kentucky has six studs. I mean, if they didn't have anyone coming back, these guys could win 20-25 games by themselves. Then you consider Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks (90-plus free throw shooter)....next year could be special.

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hard to say until you see them actually play, but consider this....

Michigan's Fab Five: Webber (2), Howard (4), Rose (6), King (8) and Jackson (60-something, I think)

Kentucky's class: Wall (1), Cousins (2), and I don't know the rest but I know Orton is way up there, plus Hood, Bledsoe and someone else...all in the top 40. Michigan called itself the Fab Five, but it was really the Fab Four. Kentucky has six studs. I mean, if they didn't have anyone coming back, these guys could win 20-25 games by themselves. Then you consider Patrick Patterson and Jodie Meeks (90-plus free throw shooter)....next year could be special.

Honestly, it all hinges on Meeks. If Meeks comes back then they are a top 5 team competing for a national championship. If he leaves then they are a very talented and very young team. They aren't in that top tier to win the national title without Meeks tho...not with Kansas, Michigan State and Nova all returning KEY final four/national championship contributors. To me they are in that second tier with Duke, Wake, UNC, and possibly Louisville.

To me you don't go from a mid tier NIT team to a national champion on the backs of freshmen in this day and age of basketball.

#13 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

Without Meeks they will be a very young average team, with Meeks they will be championship caliber.

#14 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:10 PM

To me you don't go from a mid tier NIT team to a national champion on the backs of freshmen in this day and age of basketball.

This is true. However, on paper, very very strong team, we do need to still see them play together on the court. I will stand by Wall being an instant impact and dominate player, but Cousins I could see struggling to be what everyone envisions of him.

#15 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:28 PM

Cousins and Orton can develop at their own pace. We have Patterson (junior) and Perry Stephenson (senior who averaged a double double last year and had the best slam of the season versus UNLV in the NIT) manning the paint until then.

The key to UK's season, I think will be outside shooting. This is where Meeks would be needed most. Well, that and free throw shooting at the end.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.