47 replies to this topic

#31 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

SO this speech is very important, not his actual accomplishments over the past 4 years as president.

Its a losing argument. Move on.

lol

Obummer has accomplishments? :blink:

#32 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,068 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Lol...oh no the militas are all rearing their heads..

#33 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

this place is going to own when obama wins

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

this place is going to own when obama wins

Or prove my single known truth....that 95% of the people out there are idiots....and I am giving another 3% of you the benefit of the doubt.

#35 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

yeah why can't we all be smart like the cultist robot :(

#36 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,930 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Obummer has accomplishments? :blink:

Please don't take offense, but I've been wanting to ask this for a while. Why did you make a Myspace angle picture of your jowls into your avatar?

#37 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,894 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

yeah why can't we all be smart like the cultist robot :(

The Narrator in Chief is hard to beat, but give the cultist a chance

#38 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,521 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Or prove my single known truth....that 95% of the people out there are idiots....and I am giving another 3% of you the benefit of the doubt.

i've never understood this argument. it is literally saying you're an idiot if you process data and your outcome is different than mine, gleefully ignoring the fact that different people often process entirely different data sets.

sometimes it's very difficult for me to separate the lunacy of these types of arguments that are so prevalent in conservative bastions with the legitimate points that may otherwise underlie the philosophies they've adopted.

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

i've never understood this argument. it is literally saying you're an idiot if you process data and your outcome is different than mine, gleefully ignoring the fact that different people often process entirely different data sets.

sometimes it's very difficult for me to separate the lunacy of these types of arguments that are so prevalent in conservative bastions with the legitimate points that may otherwise underlie the philosophies they've adopted.

I was being fecicious ad over the top to make a point. Nothing more.

#40 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,521 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

I was being fecicious ad over the top to make a point. Nothing more.

fair enough. i'm inundated with enough people who express those exact sentiments and are 100% serious that it can be hard to separate the two. perhaps it would be wise to avoid that type of verbiage to begin with?

#41 Kognan

Kognan

Barbarian Representative

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Way to go twisting what Romney actually said.

He did NOT say that he did not care about 47% of the country. He said that 47% of the country would not vote for him no matter what he said or did (which is true).

Big difference in the two....unless you are a flaming liberal who takes liberties with what was ACTUALLY said.

Speaking of what he "actually" said.

The 47%

"I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

So this includes:
  • The Elderly (just over 10%)
  • The Poor (earning less than $20,000 each year.)
  • The working poor (families making $50,000)
He didn't distinguish between any of these groups and painted everyone in the 47% as parasites.

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,964 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:12 AM

Speaking of what he "actually" said.

The 47%

"I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

So this includes:

• The Elderly (just over 10%)
  • The Poor (earning less than $20,000 each year.)
  • The working poor (families making $50,000)
He didn't distinguish between any of these groups and painted everyone in the 47% as parasites.

You are still missing the point of what he was saying.

EVERYONE needs to take accountability for their lives and decisions. You are making the assertion that jsut because someone makes decisions that lead to a $20k per year income, everyone else is responsible to support them for the rest of their lives. Romney (and myself) believe that it is each person's responsibility to make changes and decisions in their lives (education, training, budgeting, etc) that improves upon their current lot.

That is the big difference.....Democrats believe that you need to take no responsibility to improve your life (they will just have someone who is successful cut you a check every month). Whereas, Republicans believe that you take responsibility for your own actions.

Take away the continuous safety net and people will actually surprise you with how hard they are willing to work. Continue to dole out cash to them and you will be surprised at how lazy people will actually become.

What has been COMPLETELY lost by the Democrats is the reason that all of these programs (welfare, food stamps, WIC, unemployment, etc) were created. They were created as a safety net to help hard working people who had fallen on rough times until they got back on their feet. They were NEVER intended to become what they have become....a source of continuous and generational support for millions and millions and millions of people.

I believe in helping those who are trying to help themselves, which is why I give a lot to charity each year. But, it pisses me off to see people use the government entitlement as a means of income for their entire lives.

#43 logic1977

logic1977

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

I'm with you about the folks who do not work and do nothing but pick up a check each month. One thing I would like to know however, is what % of the goverment budget is actually represented by those programs?

I mean we focus so much attention on "welfare-queens" but even if it were corrected, would it even really help?

#44 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

I know that defense spending is somewhere under 4%, and even with discretionary spending it still comes in under 5%. Depending on which welfare programs you choose to include, that total comes in from 24-28% of our GDP. Clearly our problem lies with our defense budget.....

#45 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,894 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:33 AM

Go back to 2008 budgets as a starter.

Then start cutting. Defense could be cut by 10% I would think. Other areas could be cut out completely. Revamp many of the biggies like Medicaid, SS, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com